2

JASON

JASON

"That restaurant was amazing. I can't believe they're connected to the hotel." I sat back on my bed with a full stomach. My wife was getting the kids ready for bed. "Hey baby?" I yelled. "Yes my love", she responded as she came back into our bedroom. "I think I'm gonna go surfing tonight."

"Okay dear, just be careful."

"I always am." I leaned over and kissed her and got up to take a shower and get ready.

SURI

SURI

It was a nice day at the beach, aside from the crowds. It was actually dying down now that the sun was preparing to go down. I sat up and looked at my golden tanned skin. It was finally cool enough to put down our umbrella and let down my hair. Alara was coming back in from the water. She plopped down looking defeated.

"You okay?" I asked her. 

"Yeah, just losing hope I guess", she huffed.

"Oh. Well, we've been out here for a while. Want to pack it up?" I said looking at her. 

"No, just a little longer."

"Okay." I looked behind me and saw the line of food trucks still in the parking lot. "You hungry?" 

She rubbed her washboard abs and nodded her head. I stood up and dusted the sand off of me. "Alright, well tacos or barbecue honey?"

"Surprise me", she said as she laid down and got comfortable.

"Be right back." I walked over to the food trucks. I decided on the taco truck because they had smoothies too. I purchased both of us a trio of tacos and a mango smoothie.

"Why you out here so late beautiful?" I looked up and realized the food truck guy was talking to me. "Oh, my friend is trying to meet Jason Momoa. She thinks he'll show up here." 

He chuckled, "Yeah, I heard he likes to surf." 

I nodded, "Yeah." He handed me both trays of tacos and both drinks. "Thank you." I gave him a small smile and headed back down to our spot on the beach. I sat down the food, "Tacos are here!" I looked over to see Alara asleep. "Seriously?" I was about to wake her when I realized I for to get napkins.

"Be right back Alara", I said like she could hear me. I saw a few people taking out their phones and looking the direction of the water. I turned slightly, still walking forward, to see what they were looking at. I realized they were gazing at one of the most beautiful sunsets I had ever seen. "Wow."

I turned back around and immediately bounced back and fell on my ass

"Oh my God! I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" A tall, very muscular man wearing shades and a hat reached out to help me up. "Uh, yeah", I said dusting off the sand.

"I'm sorry, I guess I got entranced by the sunset as well", he smiled at me. He had an amazing smile. I slowly started noticing other attributes. He was very tall and tan. Very muscular and had a few tattoos on his chest and arms. Tattoos I've seen before. And he had long brown hair with lighter tips. I know him from somewhere. He looks like, like..."Oh my God!" I yelled. 

"Shhh." He said as he pressed his finger to his lips. "You're, You're Jason Momoa." I stated nervously. He took off his shades and looked into my eyes. "I am, and you are?" 

"Oh, uh, my name is Surielle but everyone just calls me Suri."

"Well Suri, it's nice to meet you." He took my hand put it to his lips and kissed it gently. I felt my cheeks burning and I knew I was blushing. I know I said that he was fine, but he is like past fine. This man was gorgeous.

"So are you out surfing?" he asked. I shook my head, "Oh, no. I was actually with my friend Alara. I turned to point out our little area. I turned back around and he was listening so intently to what I was saying. "She's been here all day waiting to meet you."

He took off his shades since the sun had gone down and it was darker outside. "What about you?"

"Me?" I asked.

"Yes. Did you want to meet me too?"

"Um. Yeah, sort of." I couldn't believe this man was making me so damn nervous.

"Well, Suri, I'd love to hang out sometime."

"You would?" I questioned. "With me?" I looked at him confused.

"Yes, I would. If that's okay with you."

"Yeah, that's cool." 

He pulled out his phone. "What's your number?"

"Oh it's 808-367-4144." He entered the number in his phone and called it. My phone vibrated in my shorts pocket. I pulled it out and confirmed his number. 

"What are you doing tonight Suri?"

I shrugged, "Um nothing, I guess."

He reached out and held my hand with his. "You want to get a drink with me later?"

"Me?" I asked confused.

He laughed, "Yes you."

"Sorry, it's just, you're like a celebrity." I stuttered.

"I am", he said. "And you, you are absolutely stunning and this celebrity would love to get to know you better." He said moving closer. I suddenly felt chills all over my body. What the hell was going on. Alara had the crush on him, not me. He rubbed his thumb on the back of my hand snapping me out of my thoughts. "So I'll see you later then?" he asked.

I just nodded my head. He kissed my hand again and I swear my knees went weak. He walked off and went towards the water. I ran over to Alara and was about to shake her and wake her up but then I stopped myself. What would I say?

'Sorry, I know you've loved him for forever but sorry he likes me.' I couldn't, she's my best friend. I couldn't do her like that.

Damn. Sorry Alara.