Please Let This Be a Normal Field Trip

Friday snuck up on Peter when the week flew by. Before he knew it, his home had been invaded by some of the honorary Avengers that didn't stay at the Tower on a regular basis. First it had been Doctor Strange Tuesday morning coming through one of his portals, and then Thor and Loki that afternoon. Peter had been excited to see them again and had given an extra long hug to his favorite Uncle Loki, who'd pretended to despise the embrace, but Peter knew him well enough by then to know that he was secretly pleased at the affection.

King T'Challa had arrived Wednesday with Princess Shuri in tow, who threw the whole Tower into chaos. Peter always loved when they'd visit, because there was no one better than Shuri to run around the Lab with as they worked on dangerous experiments while spouting of vines and creating new memes for Spider-Man's official tumblr account.

Scott Lang and his daughter, Cassie, showed up on Thursday morning. Cassie had shrieked Peter's name, throwing her small body into his arms in excitement, and the two spent the next four hours playing hide-and-seek around the Tower.

By Thursday night, the Tower had been in shambles from the excess occupants and Peter felt both excitement and dread for the following day. Excitement because, well, he hadn't seen Carol and the Guardians in a while and they all said they'd drop in just in time for dinner. But he had to survive his Field Trip of Embarrassment first, and he was certainly not looking forward to the Avengers crashing it like Tony had most definitely planned, even though Pepper claimed that she'd keep them as far away as she possibly could so that the boy could actually enjoy his time at the Tower.

"Are you okay, man? You look really sweaty," Ned told him, cutting through Peter's thoughts and bringing him back to the present where the group was waiting outside the school.

The boy met his friend's eyes and swallowed. "Yeah, sorry. Mom said she'd keep everyone in line last night, and she's amazing and they all listen to her, but there's also the literal god of mischief staying at the Tower right now so who knows what will happen."

"No Way! Loki is there? Do you think we'll run into him?"

Peter furrowed his brow. "Uncle Loki? Oh, yeah. I'm not worried about him. I was actually talking about Shuri."

At the mention of Shuri's name, MJ visibly perked up. She seemed to realize that and tried to make herself look less interested. "Shuri will be there? That's cool."

"Alright, class, it looks like everyone's here!" Mr. Warren announced, cutting of Peter's amused reply. "Just a few things before we leave; whatever you are told to do by our tour guide, do it. Keep your hands to yourself and don't wander off. Are we clear? Yes? Good. On you go!"

Peter groaned as students began to file onto the bus. Flash made a point to shoulder-check him on his way passed, hissing something to the effect that the whole school would figure out that he was a liar.

"Don't listen to him," Ned told Peter as they took their seats on the bus. "Imagine his face when you pass through security and F.R.I.D.A.Y announces that you have the highest possible clearance," he added with a grin.

Peter froze. "Oh my God, what if they figure out who I am?"

"Everyone already knows you're a liar, Penis!" Flash hollered. MJ glared at him and said something about him being proof that evolution could go backwards.

Ned chuckled, but turned back to Peter after a second as he lowered his voice, "How can I possibly keep Spider-Man a secret from everyone?"

"Hey, Hannah Montanna did it and all she had was a wig," Ned pointed out.

"Not helping," Peter said miserably.

Ned shrugged. "Well, hey, I'm sure that if there was an actual threat to your secret identity, your old man would have called this off, right? And your mom is smart enough to take care of everything beforehand if he didn't."