the one with the family tree

"The seven deadly sins
are deadly for only those
who are incompetent."

THE LITTLE LIVING ROOM was my least favorite. The window sills were filled with moving pictures of witches and wizards, dead and alive. People who sacrificed their life to fight the Dark. People who sacrificed themselves to protect the world from Death Eaters. People whose lives were ruined forever to fight people like my parents.

It was almost dinner time but Charlie had summoned Sirius, Remus and me into this room. As this room was still infested with Doxies and Leathermites, anyone barely stepped foot in here. The stench of pest repellent was too much to bear. But we chose this place to talk about our secret agendas.

"Oh, you're here," Charlie said as I entered the room, last of all I realized.

"Hello, Charlie," I said with a slight smile, which I couldn't hold for long. It seemed as if the joy I had felt when I first came to this world had disappeared after Tom came back.

"He just received a message from the International Federation of Dragoneers," Remus said.

"Yes," Charlie said as he came towards me. "It's not much but I think it ought to help."

"But," Sirius interrupted. "Why are you even looking for dragons?"

"Didn't the Order say not less than a week ago that Voldemort, when he first rose to power, had brought in purebloods and dark witches and wizards and rogues on his side along with the Giants?"

"Yes," Sirius said. "What has that to do with-"

"Skylar," Remus stood up. "You cannot possibly be thinking of recruiting dragons!"

"Oh, hell no," Sirius said. "Dragons can't be controlled. They're not your pet Krups."

Ignoring them, I turned to Charlie. "News?"

"Pinodore and his team of discoveres have bought my idea. They're willing to look for the Alaskan Shadow Swimmer."

"Excuse me?" Remus said, incredulously. "Alaskan Shadow Swimmer is a myth! Or even if it existed, it was in the past. No one's seen one in hundreds of years."

"They're practically extinct," Sirius added.

"Sirius," I mused. "What have I to lose? I just merely suggested the group of adventurous people to go on a new quest," I said. "If they find one, great. If they don't, great."

"What if they do find one? What's your plan?" Charlie asked. He loved his dragons. He was concerned.

"We'll try to tame it. And just like Voldemort, we'll try to recruit it."

"Sky," Charlie said softly. "No one can tame dragons," and Sirius nodded furiously. "The line of dragon charmers have disappeared hundreds of years ago. That is why we don't deal with dragons directly anymore."

"That is," I said, trying to sound nonchalant, "only if they find one. Otherwise, it's a quest well spent."

Charlie looked at me solemnly for a second before saying,"Well, it was good to see you all-"

"Wait, you're not saying?" I asked. "You just came yesterday!"

"Well," Charlie laughed. "The sanctuary in Romania is falling apart without me. I have to be there. It's mating season and all-"

"Bring them here!"

"Skylar!" Sirius's eyes were wide. "I hate to be the sensible one but with you I have to be! Moony say something!"