Chapter 2

After the match between Roderick and Y/N, everyone was shocked to see what happened.

That magic of his is insane.

No kidding.

Must've been lick there's no way he could've won that.

Y/N went to find a quiet spot as he leaned back against as he watched the rest of the fights go on. As he was watching Asta came running up to him.

Asta: What was that?! That magic of yours was so COOL!!!!!! You beat that guy like it was nothing!! Also eating the flames was freaking insane!!

Y/N: Hehehe thanks, though your match was great as well. Said smiling. You sure beat your opponent this ease.

Asta: Hehehe thanks!!

The two of them watched the rest of the fights go on as he was intrigued by the magic he saw. Some of the fights were interesting to him while others were boring but the match with Yuno caught his attention.

Y/N: Wind magic huh. Hehehe man this is great. Kinda puts me at an advantage when I'm fighting him cause I can also use wind magic. Man, this is so exciting!

Eventually, it's was evening as they gathered in the center of the arena. Everyone who participated in the Magic Knight trials was nervous wondering what was coming next.

William: This concludes the exam. Now we will be calling each number one by one. When you are called step forward when you are called.

Charlotte: The squad captains will raise their hands if they would like you to join their squads. The candidates will decide if they would accept or decline, and if they are chosen by more than one captain they may choose which squad they'd like to join.

Fuegoleon: However if no one raised their hands, that candidate will not join the magic knights.

Nozel: And you will have to leave immediately.

Everyone was shocked to hear this as some of them were nervous and also scared. Y/N stared at the captains thinking about what they said.

Y/N 'thought': So if now one raised their hands, they'll have to leave immediately? Damn talk about tough, but I didn't come here to back out now. I wanted to prove that my mom was real by taking this test so I'll keep my head held high and look forward!!!

The process started as it was rather slow and extremely nerve-racking for everyone. One by one each candidate was called to stand before the captains wanting to know which of the captains wanted them in their squads. Needless to say for a good portion of the candidates didn't get any responses from any of the captains as they had to leave. Y/N felt bad for them seeing leave as they all had sad looks on their faces. As they went through the candidate, one of the captains raised their hands.

Announcer: Number 71, the Purple Orcas.

Everyone who was left was amazed and relieved somewhat to see that one of the captains raised their hands. After that, the captains raised their hands more often as they started to select the candidates they wanted. Y/N looked over to Asta seeing that he was nervous. He smiled as he placed his hand in his shoulder getting his attention.

Y/N: It'll be fine. Have faith in yourself. We got this far right? Look ahead with head held high man. I'm sure one of the captains has selected you.

Asta nodded in agreement as he was able to calm down a bit. Eventually, the time came for Yuno to step forward in front of the captains. Y/N watched with excitement as he smirked.