two

Felix was watching the clock like a mad man.

The coffee shop that the two men had agreed on was as busy as ever. Felix watched over the people as they went about their day, his eyes roamed and skimmed over their faces. He took into account all the people that walked into the small business hoping to the beautiful man from just the day before. As he thought about the other day his throat suddenly felt tight.

He shifted in his seat. Fuck. The reality of the situation had finally struck down on him. A heavy sigh left his lips as he rested his elbows on the table. He was never the most confident man, a little shy, even so, why was he here about to meet a man he just met the other day? This step may be too big and sudden for the Swedish man.

His mind continued to wander as he waited quietly. He stared blankly at the table before him, eyes followed the ridges of the dark stained wood, glancing up only occasionally when he heard the sound of the door being opened. A glimpse at his phone told him that it had only been about eight minutes later than the time they were supposed to officially meet. Absentmindedly he clicked open the message from the newly saved number.

I'd love to hear your pretty voice again.

"Jävla-" Felix mumbled. A hand came up to rub at his face. The sudden late-night thoughts of Sean probably being blind had re-entered his head so much to where he thought he might get a migraine. He wasn't naive, he knew blind people could get around and if Sean was born that way it means it never affected him. He's a grown man, not some helpless child.

Still, Felix didn't know how exactly to confront the other. Would it be too awkward to just come up to him and introduce himself? Would he just call out to him and hope his dog understood? The uneasiness crawled back up his throat again and he felt his body flush in both nervousness and courage. He couldn't pussy out now of all times. Sean would walk through that door and the other was determined not to let his chance go. His fingers traced the words stained on his skin. A habit he picked up.

He glanced around the café again, looking around to see if maybe in his train of thoughts the other man could have snuck in without him noticing. As he scanned the area once more his eyes caught sight of a bright flash of green. His heart pounded a bit harder as he stared at the man. His neon hair stood out almost comically in the dull backdrop of Brighton. He watched the man slow to a stop beside the door. The dog quickly sat still and looked up at the man, waiting for his next instructions. Sean slipped his phone out of his pocket and Felix watched with admiring eyes as the other brought it up to his mouth to speak into it.

"Ah, so it might be a seeing-eye dog..." Felix noted to himself. His foot began to bounce as he worked up the courage to walk up to the other, mentally prepared to have an awkward interaction. Before he could even continue his mini pep talk, his phone buzzed in his palm. Signaling he received a message. He jumped slightly, the male hoping that no one saw how jittery he was.

As he looked down at his phone he saw the text messaging app light up. With a click, he brought the message onto the screen. It was unsurprisingly from the man standing outside the shop.

A bit late but I just arrived at the café. You wouldn't mind coming up and helping me come in, would you?

The man found himself moving before he registered what was happening. He pushed past some people as he made his way to the door, eyes focused on the man before him. As he pushed the handle of the door, the dog next to it looked up curiously at him. He nodded his head to the dog as if asking permission to approach the man. With a wag of its tail and a blink, Felix took that as his approval and stuck a hand back into his pockets. He stepped forward to let the other man feel his presence.