09. Hot Chocolate

The past week has been... eventful.

Maddie has kept her distance from me but every chance she gets she glares at me.

Charlotte and I have barely spoken.

The catch?

We've constantly been around each other.

She still picks me up for school.

We still sit by each other in our classes.

We still eat lunch together.

We still walk beside each other in the hall.

We just don't say anything to each other unless it's about school work.

At first everyone was concerned, they still are, but they've gotten used to it.

My mom, Carolina, and Kayden were the most affected for some reason.

When I started ignoring Charlotte she didn't question it. It's almost like she knew why I didn't want to talk to her.

-

I wake up wrapped in her arms which causes me to let out a yawn as I scratch my head.

I slowly get out of her grip and make my way towards my bathroom.

I stare at my reflection with a blank look. My hair is messily covering parts of my face which causes me to roll my eyes.

I turn the shower to the hot side before I immediately strip and step in. I let the hot water relax my tense muscles.

We're taking a test at the end of the week before we get out of school. I've become very tense from staying up late and studying.

I quickly bathe before I step out of the shower and wrap a pink towel around my body.

I brush my hair and plug up my blow dryer.

I take a deep breath before I look at my cheek. It's a light grey shade but it's fading around the edges.

In a few more weeks this bruise will be gone.

-

After I finished blow drying my hair and applying a little bit of concealer onto my cheek I walk out of the bathroom only to see Charlotte already dressed.

She was wearing a dark red bodysuit with black distressed jean shorts. She has one of my dark grey cardigans over the bodysuit and a pair of adidas superstars. Her hair is in a high ponytail while her baby hairs are free.

I stare at her a little longer than I used to which causes her to look up me with a smile on her face

I stare at her a little longer than I used to which causes her to look up me with a smile on her face. I blush as I look down and walk towards my closet.

I quickly pick out an outfit so that we're not late for school. This week is important, if we're late we'll have detention.

I decide to go for an edgier look as I pick out a grey spaghetti strap crop top and black leggings. I tie a light blue button up around my waist before I put on a pair of grey combat boots.