Authors Note

Hey guys and girls, I'm here to announce that I uploaded the first chapter of the alternate version of this book.

Disclaimer that the first couple of chapter's will not be the best but I'm hoping that they'll improve as the book goes on.

Here's a peek at the description:

Aspen Bailey and Charlotte Wilder met on a playground when they were only seven years old.

The summer of their eighth grade year Charlotte moves away, leaving Aspen behind with a promise she wanted her to keep until she came back.

Five years later, Charlotte comes back in search of her best friend only to find that everything has changed for Aspen as much as it's changed for Charlotte.

The only difference is Charlotte remembers everything that happened the day she left but, Aspen doesn't remember anything about that day.

Here's an excerpt from the first chapter:

As soon as Avery and I reach homeroom all the chatter is mainly based around Belleza coming to our school.

Which is expected.

I mean, it's not everyday that a celebrity chooses to come to your school.

"I still don't understand why she would chose our school" I say as I take a seat in the back of the class with Avery

"According to the article, her childhood sweetheart lives in our district" Avery says but avoids eye contact with me

That's weird, I didn't see that part.

I might've just missed it.

"Did you not hear me say the whole childhood sweetheart stuff on the phone?" She asks as she turns to me with a look of confusion.

When I woke up in the hospital, I was quickly diagnosed with short term memory loss.

It's a blessing and a curse.

"Sorry" I say as I silently point to my head

We get interrupted by our teacher as he yells at us to get our attention.

"As all of you know, Belleza is coming to our school," he starts off which causes a group of girls in front of me to squeal

Ouch.

My ears.

"They have decided to put her in our homeroom class, so she'll rotate with you guys" he says calmly as Belleza walks into the room

She smiles at all of us as she slowly looks around the class at all of the students. When her bright green eyes land on me my breath instantly hitches as my heart rate speeds up.

What the heck is happening?!

She slyly winks at me before continuing to look around the room at the other students.

"Oh my gosh" I whisper as I continue to stare at her with shock evident on my face

I probably look like such a creeper.

But I don't understand how it's possible for someone to look any more perfect in person.

God took his time on her.

"Miss Belleza, you'll be sitting next to Aspen. Aspen please raise your hand" he says to me but I'm too entranced on her to realize anything else that's going on around me

If this is a dream, I never want to wake up.

Avery suddenly forces my hand off the table and into the air but I'm still too busy staring.

Bad, Aspen.

Your mom has told you a multitude of times that staring is rude.

Belleza looks towards me but as our eyes meet I swear I see familiarity and adoration flash in her vision before she quickly makes her way towards the empty seat beside me.

As she sits down she turns towards me and smiles.

"Did you miss me?" She teases