One After 909

George

"Evenin' miss" George stood tapping lightly on the back of her seat, uncomfortable and out of place yet still he had negotiated his way from the baggage car to here, the carriage toward the front of the steaming train.

She let her eyes wander all over him. Scrawny he was, they thought I was fifteen he looked like he was thirteen or even ten. He jiffled where he stood. "Sit down, you're making a scene"

George lowered himself beside her, all gangly and gorky he wasn't at all comfortable with girls, especially not pretty ones that he had, not four hours ago, had to put her shoes on. His eyes settled on the tile like design on the carriage floor, filth was ingrained from thousands of dirty soot covered shoes.

"Are you really a prostitute" What the hell!! George pounced up from his hunched over position and waved his arms about wildly "No. NO! I. Sorry..... Can I start again.... Please"

"I've been bought and sold. My body has been touched by men that pay for what some say is a privilege" Lily shrugged then looked out into the darkness of the night, the train powering through toward the city of London, somehow she was here on it. It was almost too much and too confusing to think about. Her suitcase nestled under the seat, the few items that said who she was, inside. A couple of pieces of her mother's jewellery she had managed to hide.

"I know a few prosties in Hamburg. That's where we're off to" George watched her for a flicker of something, anything, a sign of life. Perhaps a wee smile. Deciding to jump in with two feet he went and opened his gob "Lost my virginity to a prostitute last year, well early this year but yeah-"

Shocked, her eyes widened. Was this what he approached her for? Was this some sort of request for her services?

"Do you want me to have sex with you"

"Noooo! I was just making conversation, that's all. Making a right royal balls up of it too, may I add" George cackled with embarrassment. He had been with a prostitute and a few girls since, he was trying to talk but the words fell short and sounded mean and rude.

"Relax, I'm still a girl. I just.... have grown up a little quicker than most"

"Sorry"

"It's ok. Was she nice to you? Need someone nice for your first time, don't you" Lily smiled, dusting a piece of lint off his shoulder and tucking a stray sticky gob of hair back into his do.

"She was ok. Old though, like maybe twenty five-"

"So old" Lily teased, she nudged him a little he was just shy and young and silly. He finally relaxed beside her.

"Had an audience I did" George rolled his eyes at her and nodded toward, perhaps, the other boys Paul, John and the other lad she hadnt met yet; although they weren't there with them in the carriage. "Ha! They clapped when I was done, the tossers did!"

"Wow"

"Wow in a good way or bad way?"

"What's your name. I'm Lily but I think John told you that already, didn't he?"

"Yea he told. I'm George Harrison, lead guitarist for the Beatles"

"Well George Guitarist, does your Ma know you're going to Hamburg again?"

"She bought the ticket"

"You have a very awesome mother George. Hold onto her tight" Lily sighed, he was so lucky to have a mum.

"Oh, I know that alright. After Paul then John.... Well I say a prayer every night for my luck" George turned in his seat, now comfortable because she was nice to talk to. Better than Louise his bloody sister. Louise was a girl ok but being a sister, you just can't go 'round saying any old thing.