I Want To Hold Your Hand

Dear Lil,

How are you!? Sorry it's been so long Gorgeous, we just got back from Hamburg- All over now thogh  sorry thoUgh so we can get on with the rest of our lives! Which reminds me- Did you get a flat or are you still on Ophelias couch? Hope it's a flat as we are coming to London soon- Got a fucking recording session didn't we!! Yeeha! as Richy says repeatedly. George says hullo. John grunted but he smiled afterwards so I think that was a nice grunt.

JUNE THE 6th John says is THE date we'll be in London for 3 days!! *so write me quick* to let me know you are expecting me/ us.

Ok gotta dash, Cavern tonight for a gig. Its getting hectic!

Love Paul

Lily rocked on her feet as she stood by the gate. Neil watched her not come any closer, nor depart. No fans as such in London yet so she couldn't have been a fan. She stuck out like a sore thumb too, the large coat covered her head to toe like she was frightened to show she was female. The boys had told him to watch for her and he had called out multiple times, asking if she would like to come in out of the cool weather.

Lily declined, this was a place of business and she would be in the way of their important meetings and music. She watched the watcher, he was handsome... what was it with these boys – did handsomeness gravitate together like mercury running rivers back to itself. She only nodded to him when he called her.

She had to tell them in person, this was for the best. No one wants to see the hovel she was presently surviving in. She didn't even want to see it herself but she'd knock into the walls if she kept her eyes closed while moving around her crap flat.

Pursing her lips she whistled to herself softly and watched the watcher.

Bodies jumped and bounced and ducked and dived and the energy in the street rose by a hundred and fifty percent. The Beatles were in town and London was still asleep to them.

Neil pointed, Paul ran.

"Gorgeous!!" Paul wrapped her up and lifted her spinning, she dropped and was grasped in another's arms- Richy!

"Sweets! You look warm! How are you?"

"OK. I'm ok"

"Lils"

"John"

"Looking good lu-lils. Damn it I tried to practice not saying that!" John leaned forward and kissed her cheek "Cuppa Lillll?" John swiped imagined sweat from his brow at not having said luv.

Lily felt a hand on her shoulder and was turned carefully around "Hello pretty Lily"

"Hello George Guitarist" Lily smiled breathlessly and realised she'd missed them. Missed them all. Even though she had only met them, travelled mere hours with them, then said goodbye. She missed their energy and joyful banter.

And she missed being a girl talking to boys.

Seated and surrounded she chanced to remove her coat. Paul helped her, carefully and slowly touching her shoulders and hand to help. Her dress was black and covered in small plump looking cherries with their leaves and stems attached, the top and hem piped with red and white trim. She looked perfect.

"So" Lily smiled and hugged her fingers around the cup, she was stronger these days, it had been hard and she had been taken aback by the sheer terror of trying to be normal.

"So.... Are we getting a tour of your flat then?" Paul sipped away on his banana milkshake watching Lily closely over the top, she shook her head.

"I've no furniture. I just got it. There's a mattress and I have a kettle that's about it really" Lily glanced about shyly and smoothed the tablecloth. "I got a really good job though!" Perking up, feeling proud. "It's in a hotel kitchen, but I should be able to waitress as soon as I learn the ropes"