CHAPTER 1 - The Wish

A/N: I would like to thank my sister, Ate Margie, for making the book cover of this story. ♥♡♥♡

Enjoy reading! ^_^

--C☆

------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 1 - The Wish

I laid on my bed, staring at the glittering silver full moon on a star-filled sky, through my ceiling-to-floor glass sliding doors which lead to my balcony.

The heavy curtains were gathered to one side so I could clearly see the moon outside. The moon shone enough light that illuminated my spacious room.

I glanced at the right side of my room. My knee-length pink strapless dress with floral designs that I wore earlier was draped on my vanity chair near my vanity desk and mirror. I saw my small golden locket with two gems of amethyst embedded on its front side glistening on my desk, the only thing that my parents gave me.

Why did I give all the servants their day off today? I'm alone in this huge house again. I should've made Nanny and Uncle stay, I thought to myself, sighing.

For ten years, I have lived in this lonely house by myself. Sure, I still have my caring nanny, Miss Elizabeth Morgan who I fondly call Nanny Izzy,  and of course, the maids who are all cheerful and friendly. I also have my strict but gentle head butler/chauffeur, Mr. Sebastian Cartwright whom I like to call Uncle Bash.

It was me who gave them their awesome nicknames, by the way. They're the closest thing to family for me. They were my parent-figures for the most part of my childhood and early teenage years, even until now. Yes, I have them around me, but the two people I need the most are not.

My mom left me here in the Sullivan mansion when I was 7 years old, leaving me hurt and abandoned. It was like the past seven years since she gave birth to me in this world was just...nothing to her.

We have had our fun and happy moments before, even though it was only the two of us and the servants. Mom and I, we were almost always together everyday, inseparable, or at least that was what I had thought in my young mind. However, that day everything changed and until now, I don't even know why.

I remembered it all too clearly.

It was a sunny day and my summer vacation just started. Mom was supposed to bring me along with her to Greece because she was going to introduce me to a "handsome" friend of hers there.

I was sitting near the edge of my soft bed, swinging my little legs, excited to go to one of my favorite countries. Nanny Izzy was at my walk-in closet, packing my clothes for me for the trip.

"Nanny Izzy, don't forget to pack some clothes for Lulu too," I said to her, smiling brightly while holding up my white fluffy stuff toy dog, Lulu, which was wearing a cute blue bow on its neck.

"Oh don't you worry Miss Caileigh. I have already packed Luca's clothes good for your one month vacation with Mistress Sylvia," Nanny Izzy assured me cheerfully. I smiled at her but dramatically groaned and scrunched up my nose.

"Nanny Izzy! I told you to call me Leigh. No 'miss' or 'lady'. Just my name, okay? And his name is Lulu. Right, Lulu?" I whined and pouted at her, looking at Lulu's blue marble eyes. I heard Nanny Izzy chuckle and walked towards me.