CHAPTER 2 - The Stranger

A/N: Hello lovelies! Sorry for the late update on this. The inspiration took SO LONG to come to me. ;-) Anyways, I hope this chapter's to your liking but if not, sorry, I'm not really a professional writer and this is just a sort of hobby of mine.

THANK YOU FOR READING~! ♥

~ C☆

▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶▶☆◀◀◀◀◀◀◀◀◀◀◀◀

CHAPTER 2 - The Stranger

A blinding light suddenly surrounded my room. I was quite startled as I shielded my eyes with my arm. I heard an almost silent thud on the floor in front of my queen-sized bed.

Half-scared and half-curious, I opened my eyes and cautiously sat up. By the time I was fully sitting up, the bright white light was gone and the room was plunged into darkness.

What's going on? Is there a power malfunction or something? I wondered, squinting my eyes. "Damn, it's so dark even the moonlight's gone," I murmured wearily.

I felt someone watching me right across from where I was at. It sent shivers down my spine, surprisingly not in fear but in- excitement? Why the heck am I feeling excited over something that I'm not even sure if it's just my hallucination or not? Not looking away in front of me, I slowly reached out and flicked on the lamp on my bedside table.

Blinking rapidly at the sudden light, I squinted my eyes to a shadowy figure in front of me. When my sight has adjusted to the light glow of the lamp, I gasped as I took in the appearance of a tall, drop-dead gorgeous man standing just a few meters from my bed. Oh. My. Gosh. I literally wanted to scream in a fangirling kind of way at the sight of him.

He was wearing a cerulean blue sleeveless robe with ancient golden markings, making his strong-looking arms bare which have some sort of tribal tattoos. His plain black pants matched the robe well and was barefooted. His eyes were a silver color that seemed to lit up for a moment.

"W-wh-who the f-fuck are y-you?" I stuttered, looking at him with wide eyes and clutching the blankets tightly. He was by far the most handsome man I have ever seen and that's saying something. I live in the rich people's circle and that in itself explains that majority of the people I mostly encounter are good-looking

I could see the man look at me with a mix of shock, recognition and confusion but settled with curiosity and caution. "I am Luca Kraus of the Silver Clan," he said and gave me a slight bow and a polite smile. His voice was deep and husky that made me want to melt from just hearing it and blushed at his scrutiny.

"Warrior of the Silver Moon pack," he continued saying and smiled proudly. Wait, what did he just say? Warrior? Silver Moon Pack? What the heck? Weird. He seemed to be hiding something. However, even if he might be lying to me, I still felt strangely safe with him. Where did this guy come from anyway?

"Where-" I started to ask but he cut me off with his own question, "Apologies, Princess Caelyn, but may I know how I got here? This is your chamber, is it not? May we please talk in a more appropriate room?" He was kneeling with one leg in front of me, his head bowing.

I blinked at the name he called me, it was somewhat familiar. I realized then that I haven't introduced myself, though I should be panicking since there is a stranger in my bedroom. And he was right. I mentally cursed and felt heat rise up my cheeks for wearing a flimsy nightgown under the sheets at the moment.

Taking a deep breath, I schooled my blank expression that I have honed through the years and said, "I'm not a princess, Mr. Kraus, and my name is certainly not Caelyn. I am Caileigh Selena Sullivan but you can just call me Leigh," I gave him a forced, small smile and stood by the bed.