A Secret Dream to Share

Hearts Never Lie

A/N: Finally! I have finished this. And I've been working on this chapter for almost a month.

And just a quick disclaimer to everyone. If I want to include songs that aren't in the "Lion King" franchise, they will still be Disney; anything Disney-related. I was a little hesitant to include any other songs besides "Lion King", but then I remembered that little "Beauty and the Beast" reference in the live-action remake of "The Lion King." That part made me laugh so hard, so I decided to try it out.

If it doesn't work, it doesn't work. But I thought it did. So, maybe you guys will agree. If not, that's okay, too.

Anyway, let's get on with Chapter 2. Roll it!

Chapter 2

A Secret Dream to Share

The night had just begun, and there was a gentle breeze blowing through the savannah. Kion and Jasiri were just walking side by side silently, away from unsuspecting eyes. It was quite nice out, and thankfully, there was no one around for miles.

Finally, Jasiri broke the silence. "So what excuse did you use to get out of your home this time?" She asked the lion beside her.

"I told my parents that I was going to do a solo patrol, and won't be back until late tonight." Kion explained. "I'm just glad that my parents aren't that overprotective of me."

Jasiri giggled. "The fiercest animal in the Pride Lands has doting parents. That's cute."

Kion rolled his eyes at her comment, but there was a little smile on his face. "What about your clan?" He asked. "How's everyone doing?"

"They're doing well." She answered. "Tunu and Wema have grown up a bit, but they're still as rambunctious as ever."

Kion chuckled. "Those two always make me laugh." He said. The few times that he had visited Jasiri's clan over the years came back into his mind.

Tunu and Wema were always the most excited to see him out of the clan, besides Jasiri, upon seeing that he wasn't a bad lion, and that he was a very good friend of Jasiri. They would always beg him to play with them, and those little games would continue for a couple of hours before the lion had to return to the Pride Lands. Jasiri and her sister, Madoa, were very impressed that Kion could keep up with the hyperactive twins.

Jasiri briefly snickered at her friend's comment. "Yeah, they miss you, too." She said.

"Missing their favorite lion, huh?" Kion asked. But then he smirked at the pretty hyena beside him. "What about you?"

Jasiri felt heat building up in her face when he asked that seemingly innocent question. But she still played it cool. "Of course I did, you goof." She said, playfully shoving his side.

Kion chuckled again, feeling his heartbeat accelerating at her action, almost like when they were cubs and she did a similar action that caught him off guard for a good few seconds. "All joking aside, I really missed you, too."

Jasiri just smiled softly at him. Now there was that feeling again, like from earlier at Flat Ridge Rock. It was new and unfamiliar, but at the same time, it's all she wanted to feel because it made her feel happy and secure.

The two of them continued to walk in a comfortable silence, side by side for a few more minutes. Occasionally, one of them would sneak a glance at the other, but when their eyes would meet, they would look away, their faces blushing.