Chapter 7

The Explorer finalized the docking procedure after which Ambassador Weh made contact with Admiral Yew, who was in charge of the Carrier. The ambassador sought collaboration with the Thewlian leader before finalizing travel plans to the Sol system. Many more references to that elusive planet had been found in the Human history archives. Most recently, it had popped up at the start of the 21st century during which it was referred to as Nibiru.

Several conspiracies of the past insinuated that the planet came close enough to Earth for a species of aliens to venture forth by conventional means, thus advancing the Earthlings by providing information, technology, or in some cases, actually taking Humans back to Nibiru. Both the admiral and the ambassador believed it was in fact the perfect place to begin searching for the travelers.

Everyone had gathered on the Carrier's bridge. The room was enormous. While the Humans marveled at its structure, Thewlian leaders conversed. Nandesrikahl tried to listen as he enjoyed hearing a new language, but the other Humans, with the exception of the agents, ambled around the brightly lit room. Most of the ground was covered in sea foam green carpeting, complementing the silvery walls and information consoles. There were over fifty Thewls pouring over computers, screens, and other strange devices.

Fitzpatrick elbowed the captain and pointed with her face. "The admiral?"

"You can always spot superiors, huh," O'Hara whispered back.

Admiral Yew was a distinguished Thewl, not as large as some of the others, but stocky. His battle attire was a red and black armored suit comprised of flexible plating. Chrome filigree graced the collar and chest. After his conversation, Yew approached a spherical console and mashed a few keys with his massive fingers.

Having engaged the coalescence systems, the Carrier emitted a frequency forcing wavelengths of reality together resulting in a space-time bend. Apart from the coalescence drive, Carriers also boasted a unique energy rendering visual apparatus used to calculate and navigate proper coordinates as well as time matrices pertinent to coalescence. Energy signatures were mathematically calculated then coordinates were derived from equations and subsequently plotted by a navigational expert, an old Thewl named At-Emon. Captain O'Hara's crew listened attentively as he spoke.

"Can you dumb it down a little," Day asked when he went off on a tangent about realities.

"One can liken coalescence to travel around a mountain. From the base of the mountain one can't see the other side, nor what lies beyond, but if a point at the base of the mountain, which extended infinitely upon a vertical axis, were adjoined to a similar point on the exact opposite side then pulled directly to the first point, thus effectively erasing the mountain from view, one not only sees what lies beyond the mountain, but also moves on a forwards trajectory, completely bypassing the obstacle.

"One must also implement a time variation equation. An energy signature verifies that our maneuver doesn't hinder the normal flow of time between those points. This is most easily done when two wavelengths are very close to each other in a natural state. I have picked a perfect time and place for Admiral Yew. The best route includes three such jumps in order to capitalize on several frequencies and minimize any disturbance created by forcing smaller portions of space together rather than implementing one big jump," At-Emon elucidated.

Day was stunned. Such travel utilized by Humans meant reaching the farthest ends of the galaxy in little time. It took roughly seventeen minutes to travel from the area just outside the Gemini system to a second area in space. Eleven minutes later, the Carrier pinched another portion of space-time, reaching a third location. Six minutes after that, the final location, an area roughly eighty thousand miles away from Pluto, showed on the monitor covering the bridge's far wall.