Lauren

She would be in school right now. It's 9:00 on Monday morning, so her friends are all in their first class together laughing and talking. And forgetting that Alexandria ever existed. At least that's what Alexandria thinks. She loves them anyway. But from everything she's told me- which is not a lot- she is way more appreciated and loved than she thinks. Especially by her friends, but by us too. 

I woke up around 1 am last night a felt the need to check on her, so I did, and she was having a nightmare and was saying things like that. She was whispering about how she loves them and how she's sorry she was a certain way. She was begging them to love her again. She was saying her friends' names too. Asking Brooklyn not to judge her, Alexandra to love her, Jillian not to leave, and telling Eli how sorry she was for something I couldn't quite hear.  You see, there is really no difference between us and her friends- other than the fact that there are 3 more of us. No difference, except for one thing. We're here and they're not. 

I'm the one who is sitting in the living room of the house Alexandria is in while she sleeps, not them. And I gotta say, I get this feeling of... satisfaction, I guess, that I'm here for her and they aren't. It almost makes me... happy. I know it's selfish, but sometimes I just want a person all to myself. That's why I'm looking forward to today so much, because I get her today. Me and only me. That is if she wakes up before 4 o'clock. 

I woke up at 8 and came downstairs to see Christina- no surprise- and Dani- big surprise-, eating breakfast and talking. When I walked into the kitchen they both went dead silent and stared at me, then Christina jumped up and handed me a plate with avocado toast, scrambled eggs, and some strawberries. I sat down and we all talked while I ate and they finished up. What about? Not important. Just things like boys and clothes and what I'm gonna do today and stuff. 

At about 8:30, Christina and Dani told me that they were gonna go run some errands and would be gone most of the day. Dani walked out to the car, but Christina stayed behind. 

"I made Alexandria a small plate, so make sure you give her the one with less food on it. If she doesn't eat it, just put it in the fridge. Then call or text me and tell me whether she ate or not." I just nodded and she walked out. I put Alexandria's plate in the oven so nobody would take it, then went into the living room. In the 30 minutes from 8:30 to 9:00, most everyone else came down. First Kathrine, then Lisa, and Amy's walking down right now actually.  

"There should be one more plate of breakfast on the table. Don't take the one in the stove. Chris and Dani are out doing errands," I tell her. It's the same thing I told the other two. Amy just nods and walks into the kitchen. I wait another hour before I decide to go check on/wake up Alexandria, but I get stopped by Kathrine and Amy. 

"I'm taking Amy to the park to meet up with some friends and I'm gonna go with my friends to a movie then go shop and stuff. I should be home no later than ten-ish, but probably earlier knowing me," Kath tells me. I just shrug. I don't know why they're telling me this, but okay. 

"And Brooke is dropping me off later tonight! Like around eight or nine," Amy breaks in. I shrug again. Still don't really care, still not sure why they think I do. Amy walks out with Kathrine following. 

"Tell Chris where we are when she gets back!" Kathrine yells through the door then shuts it. So that's why they told me. On my way to Alexandria's room, I pass Lisa. I smile at her, but she realizes where I'm going and grabs my arm.  

"Be gentle with her, she's not in a good place right now. She should be okay today, but I'm sure her knee hurts some. Also, make sure she eats at least some at each meal. I'll be back by dinner I'm just going to the mall then to a movie. I'm meeting Kath." 

"Okay, see you later," I say, wanting to hurry her up so I could see Alexandria. She laughs and walks down the stairs. 

"Don't forget what I said!" She yells up at me. I hear the door shut a second later so I know she's gone.