One More Night

You'll notice that this is an unusual chapter. It doesn't connect to this part of the story and doesn't have the usual title. This is a little extra, I guess, that I felt like I needed to write. You could call it an alternate chapter for one at the beginning, whatever works. Read the author's note at the end for an explanation. 

 Alexandria's pov

I wake up to someone knocking on my door. I roll over and wait, but when they don't go away, I groan and sit up. 

"Come in," I say in a raspy voice. I clear my throat and say it again. I flop back down and close my eyes as I hear the door gently open and close. 

"Alexandria," I hear Christina say. I shake my head, roll over, and curl up even tighter. 

"No." 

"Alexandria, do you even know what time it is?" 

"Nope, and I don't care." 

"It's one." 

"Why so early!" I roll over to see a fully dressed Christina. "What-" 

"No. One p.m.," Christina says. I sit up and stare at her. 

"Seriously?" I ask. 

"Yeah. I let you sleep as long as I could, but we started getting worried you had died or something." Christina laughs and I awkwardly chuckle, pulling my sleeves down as inconspicuously as I can. 

"Please tell me I didn't make you guys miss anything important?" I ask her. She shakes her head. 

"Nope, today was an off day. Lucky you." She smiles then heads towards the door. "Just be down in less than an hour," She says, then walks out and closes the door. I sigh then lay back down. 

I'll get up in a second... I tell myself. Next thing I know, I'm being jerked awake by someone bursting into my room. I quickly sit up and turn over. When I see Lisa, I relax and lay back down. 

"What," I say when she shuts the door. 

"You were supposed to be downstairs thirty minutes ago." 

"Sorry, I fell back asleep," I respond without moving. I see a flicker of worry cross her face and she comes and sits down on the bed next to me. 

"Are you okay?" 

"Yeah." She grabs my hand, forcing me to look at her. 

"Great. Now the truth?" She says. I sigh. 

holditinholditinholditin

"I'm fine."

"Okay, but I'm staying in here while you get ready," She says. I roll my eyes and drag myself out of bed. I walk into my closet and grab the first thing I see. A pair of grey sweatpants and a black cutoff tee. I run to the bathroom and change, then throw my hair into a messy bun and brush my teeth super quick. I walk out and flop facedown on my bed. When I look up, Lisa is looking down at me somewhat amused, somewhat something else. Concern, maybe? 

"C'mon, downstairs." I nod and grab my phone, then follow her out of the room. 

Amy's pov 

"Is Alexandria okay?" I ask Christina. She was supposed to be ready an hour ago. 

"I'm not- actually, there they come," Christina responds. Lisa emerges, then a tired Alexandria comes out behind her. She's just wearing sweatpants and a tee. Something's up. I look around at the other girls and can tell they all think the same thing. Her eyes are slightly puffy and have dark circles underneath them, she has a ton of bruises on her arms, legs, and a large one all the way up her spine from what I can see, and she's wearing a ton of bracelets. She just kinda flops down on the couch and goes on her phone.