✦Before✦

➪This book is going through some editing btw so everything is probably cringy.
Trust me it'll get better.
H/C- Hair colour
⭐️
🌺🌸🌺

Ah yes, nothing like two 16 year olds playing with a hose...

Today Y/N and Steven Universe decided they wanted to be children once again, so they decided to cool off and play with the hose.

"We should get pizza after this" Y/N said while she ran from Steven and the hose... she squinted her eyes at the hose and ran off to hide behind the Van.

"Totally! Did you hear about the concert tonight?" Steven looked for her behind the van but she went to the other side.

"Who doesn't hear about a concert here? And if I didn't hear about it through someone i would definitely hear it—" Steven who had seen Y/N's feet from under the van sprayed her with the hose from under, she screamed lightly.

"Foolish boy! you think you can deceive me?!!" She declared while picking up two water bottles of cold water and splashing them onto Steven as he laughed.

"Hey cut it out you two! I own a car wash, I don't think i need anyone else washing the van" Greg Laughed from inside his little garage.

"I think the paints cracking off a bit" Y/N said pushing her H/C hair out of her face as she looked closer at the van.

"We can paint it today if you want" Steven suggested to his dad who didn't seem to say anything about the cracking on his van. Steven seemed eager to paint it for some reason "Oh my gosh sure! Maybe you could add a few things to it as well" Greg answered happily.

"Imma gonna go back home to ask Garnet if we got any paint" Steven told Y/N.

"Oh yeah I'm gonna go ask Dad if he has any paint too, Y'now he didn't just take pictures of stuff he also painted" Y/N chirped, referring to her father being a Photographer and a painter. Just as Greg was going to say something the 2 kids ran off to their homes.

"They both look so much like them sometimes" Greg sighed.
"wonder what happened..." He asked himself.

Y/N's POV

"Yo Dad!" I called as I opened the door
"Yeeeeeeeessss?" He rolled in the room on his office chair.

"We got any paint around?" I ask walking over to the closet to check.
"Lemme just check in the attic" he replied and spring up from his chair and walked over to the stairs.

Meanwhile I ran over to my room to look for my art supplies.
When said art supplies were found I ran over to the table and started scribbling something on the paper while in that moment Dad came down from the stairs.

"Uhh, any color in specific?" He asked "All pinks and blues! From lightest to darkest" "So what do you plan on making?" He signalled to come up to the attic with him.

"The galaxy" I said simply.
"Woah!" He looked through the boxes while chuckling "So hows your Boyfriend?" He asked while raising a brow.

"What boyfrie—" I cut half through my sentence and glared at him "Steven is not my boyfriend" I slapped by palm onto my cheek and rubbed it afterwards, probably pink.. Why does everyone think that?

"Well, great!" He brought out a large wagon from behind the boxes and put many buckets of paint in it.

"Be back by dinner Starshine" he told me.
"Okay see ya later!"

We returned to the lower level and just as I walked out the door

"DON'T LET HIM TOUCH YOU!!" He yelled.

I slammed the door an rolled my eyes "He doesn't even know Steven that well to assume such" I groaned and was on my way.

Third Person Omniscient.

Y/N and Steven finally got back to the car wash and began to work on his dad's Van.

Later...

Y/N and Steven had finally finished painting Gregs van, Well, Steven had but you didn't.

Steven waited patiently for you to finish whatever you where doing "Whatcha making?".

He peeked over your shoulder just as you finished, the result made him smile "Awww" he hugged you a little you both blushed.

Gregs now galaxy colored van had now a rose and a hibiscus by the corner just to represent Rose Quartz and Pink Diamond

🌺🌸🌺

(The first chapter is incredibly cringy.
Just a small reminder if it has been edited it will have ⭐️ at the top)

So yeah hope you enjoyed!