🌟 Our First Time Meeting

🌟

"Look at her..." A pre-school teacher sighed as she looked at you with a drawing picture book in your hands, colouring away every single one cartoon picture in it. "When Taiju isn't here she just sits alone in a corner. She never socialises with the other children..."

You were five years old at the time. Your hair was reaching your elbows and it was styled with a pastel pink ribbon. You were rather tall for your age, scaring most of the kids away. Well everybody except Taiju who was even taller than you and knew you since you both were in diapers. Your mothers have been best friends since childhood as well.

Today Taiju was sick with a fever so he couldn't come to the kindergarten. You were reserved around other kids since they seemed to fear you quite a lot so you stayed quiet and as far away as possible from them.

"I know... And none of the other kids want to play with her..." The other teacher rubbed her temples. "That's frustrating! We have to do something! I-"

"Good morning ladies!" A man's voice said from right behind them. He seemed to be in his late twenties, tall with a beard and kinda long hair. He was holding hands with a child. The child also had long hair that stuck upwards except one strand that went downwards on the right side of his face. His hair reminded both the teachers of a lettuce.

Noticing the kid, the two pre-school teachers figured out who it was. "Oh! You are Ishigami-san!" She smiled at the man as he nodded.

"Aww! And this must be little Senku-chan! So cute!" The other said and coed at him. Senku took a couple of steps behind and hid behind his dad.

"Yep! That's Senku-chan! Sorry we are late on his first day here! It's my fault!" Byakuga bowed his head as he apologized.

"Not to worry! Things like that happen all the time!" One of the kindergarten teachers reassured the father. "Come on Senku-chan! Let's introduce you to the other kids!" Senku looked at his father, who gave him an encouraging smile. He let his father's hand and walked with one of the teachers to the playground.

"Hey everyone! " All the kids stopped playing and looked at the teacher. "We have a new friend with us today~ You everybody say 'hi' to Senku-chan! " The kids greeted him in unison. "Now go on Senku-chan! Give me your backpack and go and play!"

Senku frowned as he gripped on his dark green backpack tightly. The teacher understood that Senku didn't want to let go of his backpack.

"Okay then, you can keep it." She smiled kindly. "Be careful and don't lose your things though, okay?" Senku nodded.

The teacher went back to her colleague leaving Senku alone in the playground. He looked around, glancing at all the children. None of the kids dared to address him directly. However, they kept whispering things about him, mostly about his hair being a weird colour and shape, something btheybhad never seem before.

You yourself couldn't help but steal one or two glances at him as Senku went up to another corner and just sat there. Alone. He opened his backpack and pulled out a really big fat book that seemed really heavy for him. He put it down on the ground and opened it at a certain page as he started reading. You stopped looking at him secretly and now you obviously observed him, as if he were a different kind of species.

Your curiousity got the better of you. While you had never approached any other kid your age because of your timidity, now you were walking towards the new kid without any hesitation nor shyness. You stood a couple of steps behind him and peeked over his shoulder at his book...

The colours! The colours were truly amazing! Even better than those you see on TV! They were so bright and simply beautiful!

"Wow..." You said amused.