Epilogue

Epilogue

I step into my baby blue dress, and lean down to pull it up. Leaning down hurts, however. I manage to pull it up, but can't zip it on my own. I groan in vexation and call out for Callie.

"What?" she replies from outside of my bedroom.

"I need help!"

She opens the door and chuckles.

"Are you trying to do a strip tease for me?" she questions.

"No- besides, that would only be effective if you like women. Do you like women, Calypso?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. I don't let her answer. "I didn't think so. Now help me zip up my dress."

She lightly chuckles, and does as I ask.

i find the mirror in my room, and examine my reflection. My hair is curled loosely, and tied back at the nape of my neck. A long strand is braided into a headband , giving the look an elegant touch.

My makeup would look natural, except for the fact that I am wearing false eyelashes. The photographer assured me it would look good in pictures.

The dress itself is gorgeous in its simplicity. It's a robin's egg blue, with a black sash around the waist which ties into a bow that hangs loosely. Originally, it was supposed to be paired with heels that tied with black ribbons around the ankles, but I'm not supposed to walk in heels until I'm completely healed.

"You look beautiful, Ariel," she says.

"Thanks," I reply. "But this is Taylors wedding- not one person will be looking at me."

A knock sounds at the door, and seconds later Colton walks in. Callie looks between us and smiles.

Before leaving us to be alone, she whispers to me, "I think at least one person will be looking at you.

I roll my eyes at her, before turning my gaze to Colton.

I smile, taking in his appearence. He looks hot in a tux.

"You look yummy," I note, placing a quick kiss on his cheek.

"You look beautiful," he replies, tilting my chin up so I'm facing him.

I grin up at him.

"We should get going. It starts in ten minutes," I say.

"You sure you don't want to use a wheelchair?" he asks. "You've only been out of the hospital for two weeks."

"I can walk down the aisle, Colton," I chuckle. "Besides- if I trip, you'll be beside me. You can always catch me."

He presses his lips to my forehead. "That is true."

"Now come on," I say. "Let's go."

I grab his hand and pull him out of the bathroom door, and we start out towards the front door.

Carter and Taylor wanted to keep their wedding low profile, so they decided to have it on Carter's parents farm. It seems apropriate, as that's where they fell in love.

They are getting married out in the field, where a processional area was set up yesterday.

When we step outside into the sunlight, my eyes are met with an array of different colored dresses, and men dressed in tuxes.

"How do we know this many people?" Colton asks

"We don't. Carter and Taylor do- college, their jobs, high school friends, not to mention their publicists."

He chuckles. "I guess you're right. Plus, I'm sure there are press here, too."

The thought causes me to cringe. When I left the hospital, press were lined up at the door, snapping pictures of me like vultures. I should have been expecting them, but I wasn't. They took me by surprise like they always do.