Viktor: Chapter three

Y/n was grinning during the whole practice. He was visibly happy and couldn't contain it. His mind was wondering to the date he will have with Victor tonight. Even though his coach was bringing him back on earth with his yelling, Y/n had his head in the clouds.

-Okay boys, you're free to go. – said the coach.

Y/n jumped off of the rink and strode under the showers. After freshening up he was ready to see Victor. This time Victor decided to skip the practice, so they were planning on meeting up in the restaurant. Y/n got dressed and ran to his house to change in some better looking clothes. He wanted to be there as soon as possible, so he didn't pay attention to his surroundings. In the process he made his way across the street without making sure it was safe. He heard a screech of the tires, then felt a hit. After that everything went black.

Y/n woke up in the hospital with the beeping of the heart monitor. He grunted feeling the pain in his head and right leg. Y/n noticed that there's something heavy on his shoulder too, so he decided to open his eyes to check what it was. The problem was that he had the collar on his neck so he couldn't really move his head. He blinked few times to adjust his eyes to the light. He smiled lightly when he caught a glimpse of Victor's hair. His eyes widened when he heard yelling on the corridor, it was a very familiar voice. Y/n prepared himself mentally for his brother's ranting and waited for him to barge in the room. Few seconds later the door to his room opened with a loud bang.

-What the hell were you thinking you idiot?! Have you lost your mind?! – yelled Yuri. Y/n sighed and reached out to grab some water. He drank it before he spoke up.

-It's nice to see you too little brother. – said Y/n. – Be quiet or you will woke your idol up.

Yuri widened his eyes as Victor woke up and stretched up. The blondie tried to say something, but he didn't know what. Y/n chuckled seeing his bother gaping and struggling with coming up with anything good to say in the moment like that.

-You're awake. – Victor sighed in relief.

-Yeah. – nodded Y/n.

-Don't you fucking ignore me! – yelled Yuri, ready to jump on the bed and strangle his brother for being reckless.

-Who's that? – asked Victor.

-My little brother Yuri. – explained Y/n. – Where's grandpa?

-In the damn hospital you numbskull. He got worried and he fainted when the doctor called him. – answered Yuri. – What the hell were you thinking? Were you even fucking thinking?

-He has a very full mouth. – said Victor, and Y/n just nodded.

-Yurachka, calm down. I'm okay.

Yuri swallowed the lump in his throat. He knew his brother wasn't as okay as he thought. Y/n noticed his brother's expression and got worried. Yuri sat down on the chair.

-You fled over the car and broke your leg in three places. – said Yuri. – And you damaged your spine. Doctors say you will walk without problems, but playing hockey is impossible for you anymore.

Y/n's face lost the color. Yuri was silent, while Victor hugged Y/n carefully to not to hurt him, but Y/n didn't feel anything. He was numb. He was considered a young genius, a miracle, and now it was gone.

-Y/n, I'm...

-Don't you dare to tell me you're sorry. – Y/n cut Victor off with an emotionless tone. – I don't want to hear that from anyone. Does my coach know?

-Not yet. – answered Yuri.

Y/n only nodded and looked on his lap. He didn't know what to think. His mind was completely blank. He always dreamed about being a good hockey player and now it was all in ruins. He gritted his teeth. He needed a plan.

-Call him and tell him about the accident. – he said to Yuri.

His brother nodded and walked out of the room to make a call. Victor held Y/n's hand, afraid of something. If Y/n won't be playing hockey anymore, he will go back to Moscow, and Viktor won't see him anymore. They knew each other for few days, but he already liked him a lot. He squeezed Y/n's hand thinking about all of the possibilities. Next days will show what will happen.