Chapter Thirteen

She entered the room. "Nicole, I've been looking around for you. Joy gave me a note for you. It's from Amber and Victoria." She informed, handing out the note.

"Thanks, Bonnie!" She closed the door.

"Nicky, we are going to stay at Joy's tonight. You are welcome to join us. If you need anything call us. Love you!
Xoxo,
Amber and Vicky"

"Great!" I thought aloud.

"What?" He asked.

"What are you still doing here?" I exhaled. "Tell me the truth, what is your deal with me? Why such interest all the sudden?"

"I don't know what you mean."

"Why bother lying? I mean. The interest isn't all of a sudden, you are trying to keep me quiet about you and Rachel. I know, I'm not stupid. But my question is, why are you being so persistent?"

"I told you, I just want to be what you need me to be. Whatever you want." He says stepping forth. I took two steps back.

He chuckled. "You like me!" He said.

"I do not. I feel nothing for you. Absolutely nothing!"

"Is that so?" His tone was amused, which only irritated me more.

"Yep. Nothing."

He took one step towards me with a smirk on his face. I swallowed, refusing to back up. He laughed at my discomfort. "Relax, I am not going to jump on you."

That relieved me somewhat, until he added, "Not until you ask me to anyway."

I nervously opened my eyes in shock and turned around.

"I know you like me. You're crazy about me." While he was saying nonsense I was getting nervous. "I know you like me, and I— I like you..."

He grabbed my wrists and pulled my hands towards his chest. I tried to release myself from him. Our foreheads pressed against each other, I stopped fighting him and little by little our noses touching, our lips brushing each other. "You are something else." He whispered. Then he kissed me. I mean, he just grabbed me! And he just took me! And he stopped time... and he was firm but tender.

The door opened

Stepping back quickly as she walked into the room. "Sweetie, I heard what happened. Oh! My precious girl." She said hugging and kissing me.

"Grace, stop! I've had it. Where were you this morning, mom?" I asked with a broken voice.

"Baby, don't be like that. I was at my show. You know how these things are." She told getting closer to me. I take a step back.

"I better go, I'll check on you later." He winked walking away. I smirked and then turned around and just blurted out, "You shouldn't make people if you're gonna abandon them."