Chapter Twenty-seven

I wake up before everyone else, got out of bed and head into the shower. I got out, dry myself off, and decided to put on my high waisted shorts, white Van Gogh t-shirt, and burgundy vans. I fixed my hair to a side French braid into a messy bun. Then headed out of the room to go talk with Mr. Stevens about Joseph.

Breakfast

"Guys, Noah is so cute!! I'm dying." Vicky said.

"Girl, you should ask him out, I mean, girls can ask guys out too," Amber replied.

"What? No. I couldn't."

"I have been spending a lot of time with Dylan, he is so dreamy," Amber informed. "Hey, why the angry face if everything turned out great? Joe is gone." Amber added.

"Yes. Everything turned out just great." I sarcastically said.

They talked and talked about Noah and Dylan all the way to the table.

"Jeez, boys is all you've been talking about! Change the subject." I angrily pointed out.

"Nicky, I can't. Dylan is so hot that I just can't stop talking or thinking about him." Amber answered.

"Girl, please! Boys are the same, they will tell you everything you want to hear, they will treat you right and then boom they will fooled you and humiliated you and disappoint you."

"Nicole Anastasia Rivera, what is wrong with you?" Vicky asked.

"Nothing is wrong with me, V. I'm just telling the truth."

"Did something happened?" Amber asked. "Something with Christopher?" She added.

I cleared my throat. "Yes. Um, before my meeting with Mr. Stevens, I ran into someone. But I don't want to talk about it now. I just don't want to see his stupid face." I exhaled heavily.

"Okay." "Fine." They both said.

"Buenos días." Kaleb sat next to Amber.

Vicky's face was a mask of excitement."Uhh, I know what that means, um, good morning, right?"

"Yes."

"Kaleb, Kaleb, Kaleb, did you asked Dylan about me?" Amber asked.

"Ugh! You know what? I'm going to grab an apple. Please, when I come back don't talk about boys." I snapped.

I went and grabbed the apple and when I was walking back to the table I see Amber and Vicky making some signals with their hands and faces.

"What?
I don't understand. What are you guys saying?" I said quietly confused to myself.

"Behind you." Shouted Amber.

When I turned around, I see Christopher standing there looking all mad. "Is this true?" He asked showing me something on his phone. I didn't even looked and I just rolled my eyes and started walking to the table. He grabbed me by the arm and pulled me facing him.

"Is this true?" He kept asking and every time his voice was louder.

I felt like I had a huge sign that said, "stare at us." I blinked once, twice, three times and then four. Just trying to not fall into pieces in front of everyone. I'm breaking, like, literally breaking. I'm an iceberg on the verge of collapse.