2 [Edited]

I dodged the bear quickly turning as I swung my foot to slam into its nape watching as it fell to the ground harshly. I took that chance to run like hell until again. I was stopped this time though I heard lower growling as well as the sound of the wind rushing around me. I should have run, I should have listened to my gut, but what's the fun in that.

It wasn't long before I started to run along the river and saw that no vampires were chasing the redhead. The wolves continued to run along the other side of the riverbank in two groups, the groups never seemed to cross the river so I assume that is some sort of barrier neither could cross.

I had managed to go unnoticed as I jumped across the riverbank still managing to keep up with the wolves from a distance, I was surprised they hadn't smelt my scent,but they were probably mind linking and too preoccupied to notice me.

The crimson-haired vampire jumped across the river as the vampires begrudgingly stopped. The wolves tried to speed up, but I knew they wouldn't catch her so I reached for the special pocket knife Dean had gifted me a few years ago. The knife had different kinds of blades, one of which could cut through a vampire's marble-like skin.

I saw from the corner of my eye one of the vampires jump over the river instead of continuing the pursuit of the redhead the wolves chased him. I sped up and managed to tackle the redhead who was distracted with the little fight between the wolves and vampires to sense me behind her. I cut her throat deeply. Everyone's eyes were now on us.

She stumbled in pain as I kicked her body down to the wolves with a sigh whipping my hands on my dress. As I began to cross the river I was met by the group of vampires staring at me with shock, their golden eyes seemed to watch me with amazement though the blonde goddess looked at me with disgust. It shouldn't have hurt but it did.

I wanted to make her look at me the same way the others did which was ridiculous I shouldn't give a fuck about what any of these vampires thought.

"She's our mate" the small black-haired girl stuttered out looking the most confused out of the group. I became self-conscious under their eyes.

Mate.

No what? Mate? I'm human! They're vampires! I can't be their mate, THEIR? Wait what!?

"Hello? Miss..."

The tall blonde man stepped forward looking at me with love and admiration. He seemed to be the leader. As everyone stood behind him watching.

"My name is Carlisle Cullen, and you are?" He sent me a small smile as I looked at him unsure.

I'm a hunter. I kill their kind this would never work.

"Darling"

I replied curtly as I took a more defensive position giving them a hardened look.

That seems to only add to their confusion. although my stance on the matter looked to have hurt their feelings slightly making me sad. Why am I sad!

"She's all of ours?" The buff dark-haired male asked with a look of disappointment and shock.

"It would seem so... wait your name is actually Darling?"

The bronze haired male asked looking at me with a small smile as I stiffly nodded

"it fits you daring "

others had tried to use that line multiple times and every time I found it lame and tacky, however when he said it I loved it, even biting the inside of my cheek so as to not smile.

A growl was heard from the vampire who was now being held down by the wolves.

"Winters they're your mates!? She'll kill you all! Just like she-"

well shit, She recognizes me.

"If you want to keep the tongue vamp-Bitch I suggest you shut the fuck up"

I said glaring at her as I twirled my pocket knife.

"Your throat is gonna heal at the rate of human wounds" I smirked as she glared.

Turning away from the read head I saw that he wolves and my apparent mates were watching me in awe "sooo... we should talk about"

I pointed my knife at them then at myself.

"this"