Turning Cold

"Cole?"

"Some need me to survive..."

"What am I?"

"Darkness."

"The loser will be... eliminated."

"Noooooo!"

"ZANE!!!"

"STAY WITH ME, ZANE!"

"I love you, too."

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Cole shot up from his sleeping spot and looked around. He was still in his cave.

Good.

No one else was there.

Lately, Cole had been acting differently.

His attitude had increased. He had started making earthquakes every day. He had punched Lloyd the other day because he had mentioned...

....

...

...

...

Never mind.

Cole got up and stretched.

"Is it morning already. I hadn't noticed with the mood in here." In walked in a glowing golden dragon.

"I couldn't tell either. A talking lamp just came waltzing in and blinded me." Cole snapped.

"Sorry." Lloyd sat down in front of the grumpy earth dragon.

"Cole, it's been six months since... it happened. I miss Zane, too, but we have to move on." Lloyd put a paw on Cole's shoulder.

There was silence.

"How dare you."

Lloyd was shocked, "What?"

Cole stood up and glared into Lloyd's eyes, "HOW DARE YOU! YOU CAN'T EXPECT ME TO FORGET ZANE! I LOVED HIM FOR FDM'S SAKE! GET OUT RIGHT NOW!!"

"No."

"EXCUSE ME?!"

"Cole, you need help."

"NO I DON'T!"

"YES YOU DO!"

"SHUT UP!"

Sighing in regret, Lloyd scratched Cole.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" Lloyd yelled. All Cole had done for the past few months was argue and shut everyone out.

"EVERYTHING!" Cole choked back a sob, "Everything..." He broke down crying.

"Hey, hey, it's okay." Lloyd hugged Cole. "It's okay..."

***
Kai sighed as he retraced his steps for the 50th time. "Or was it the 51st...?"

"Nah, it was the 2345th." Nya remarked from her spot in the tree nearby.

Kai looked up in annoyance, "Can you not? Please? It's hard enough already without you being here."

"If I didn't annoy you, why would younger siblings even exist?" Nya ducked as a rock came flying in her direction, "Exactly."

"How can you be this happy?!"