You Know Where To Find Me

I woke up the next afternoon, to a pounding at my door. Confused and delirious, I grabbed my knife and stumbled to the front door that I had sloppily nailed up last night. I ripped the door open, honestly preparing to see Harry. Although I don't know why... It was pretty apparent that he doesn't knock. Instead, I was met with one of Maleficent's guards.

"What do you want Peter?"

I huffed, tossing the knife onto a table by the door.

"Maleficent wants to see you."

He announced, his spine stiff, eyes straight ahead.

"For what?"

I ran a hand through my hair. I was feeling better today. Less stiff and sore, more... Like me.

"She wants you dressed and at the castle in ten minutes."

He avoided the question. I sighed, shutting the door in his face before walking back to my room. Not wanting another visitor, I decided to comply. I shrugged out of my shorts and slid my Evie pants on, lacing my boots up over them. I threw a tattered black t-shirt over my head and tied my hair back. I slipped a small metal hairpin that Carlos had gotten me for my last birthday, through the ponytail, and slipped my gloves onto my hands. One swipe of red lipstick on my lips, and I was starting to feel more like myself. I smiled before I paused in front of my chair. My hands automatically reached out for my jacket but stopped in mid-air. I frowned, feeling my hands fall to my sides. I didn't deserve to wear it. Not after last night. I felt my hands flutter to my cheek, memories of the night before flooding back to me as I walked to the castle.

I looked at the knife in my hands, my stomach flipping as I turned quickly on my heel.

"Wait!"

My voice echoed on the walls around us. The boy in the pirate hat paused, contemplating running away I'm assuming, before he nodded, turning to face me.

"Can I help you?"

I just stared at him. I never really looked at him before. I knew he had great eyes. But the rest of him? Well, that wasn't too bad either.

"Why didn't you kill me?"

His eyebrows shot up.

"Did you not just..."

He pointed to where we were just standing. I waved him away.

"No no, I know 'not as much fun'... Whatever. I meant earlier."

My hands played with the tender edge of the bandage on my face.

"You could have killed me. You could have plunged your sword into my heart. But you... Didn't."

I inched just a step closer to him. What did I have to lose?

"Why?"

I asked quietly. He shrugged, a red heat starting to creep up his ears.

"I guess I like having ya around."

I blinked. I was trying to process this last statement when he shook his head.

"Uma does too."

I felt a dubious look cross my face as I just stared at him.

"Excuse me?"

He shrugged, a charming smile flashing across his face.

"Uma wants you on our crew."

I felt my eyes widen as I shook head my vigorously.