1

No cashton in this story. Sorry.

Michael's POV

"Michael! Michael over here!"

I looked around the room, seeing a familiar curly headed boy.

"Hey ash." I laughed, walking over to him.

It was the beginning of our junior year in high school, and I already wanted to leave.

"Give me your schedule." Ash said.

I pulled the folded up paper out of my pocket and handed it to him.

"We have...1st...3rd...and music together!" He said.

"Yes!" I cheered quietly.

He laughed and handed me back my paper.

"Hey Sarah! I love that shirt!" I heard an all too familiar voice say from across the hall.

I rolled my eyes as the blonde boy approached us.

"I thought you moved." I mumbled to him, and Ashton slapped my arm.

"I was supposed to..but that obviously didn't happen," he said, taking my schedule from me.

"Yes! We have the same schedule!" He said, and I mentally cursed.

"Oh. Great.." I said sarcastically, giving him a fake laugh.

"I'd love to stay and talk, but I need to compliment Erin on her new hair color. It really suits her." He said, walking away.

I rolled my eyes, once again, and hit my forehead against the wall.

"A whole year. Of him?!" I asked.

"He's nice."

"He's annoying." I said, glaring at Ashton.

"He is." Ashton sighed, giving up.

"Whatever. Let's just go to class." I said.

Ashton followed me to the room number that was on both of our schedules

We got there just as the bell rang, and we took two seats in the back.

I saw a lady who looked like she was in her forties, walk into he room.

"Hello everybody. My name is Mrs. Adams. So the first thing I'd like for everyone to do is find a partner. We'll be doing this activity everyday for the next day or two. Just to get to know each other a little better. You and your partner talk about your interests, and when the timer goes off, switch." She said.

We all got up to find our partners, however, me and Ashton stayed where we were.

I saw Luke at the front of the room, looking around.

There were a group of three girls in the back, and Luke walked back to them, the teacher waiting for him to get a partner before she started the timer.

The girls were pushing each other towards Luke, not wanting to be with him.

Eventually one of the girls gave up, agreeing to be partnered with Luke.

They sat behind us.

The teacher started the timer, giving us five minutes.

Me and Ashton didn't talk much, but we could clearly hear Luke's conversation behind us.

"Okay. And so I like flower crowns. Like the real ones that you make, not the trashy ones you buy from the dollar tree. I really like your hair though. I like ombre's. Ooh. My favorite store is pacsun because it's just cool. I like music a lot too."

He kept rambling on and on and on and on.

Eventually, the timer rang.

The last thing I wanted was for Luke to dart up out of his seat as fast as he could, and sit by me, but that's exactly what he did.

Ashton found another one of his friends.

"Hi Mikey!" He said.

"Don't call me that." I mumbled.

"Okay. So. Tell me about your life." He said, clasping his hands together, and placing them in front of him.

"I live with my mom and dad. I like pizza. And music." I said quietly, looking up to see a smile on his face.

"I like making people happy."

"Why?" I asked.

"I have a reason. But I can't tell." He said and giggled.

I forced a smile. "Haha okay." I said.

This kid is weird.

"So. Do you like, walk to school? I saw you walking this morning." I asked.

"Yeah." He smiled.

"But from where you were, it would take a long time wouldn't it?"

"Uh. Yeah. It takes about 45 minutes to walk but I like school. It's worth it."

I shook my head. "I hate school." I spat.

"Why?! Everyone here is so nice!" He giggled.

"No they're not. You're just nice to them."

"Well. Being nice to people is a good thing-"

The timer cut him off.

"Bye Mikey-"

"Michael." I corrected him.

He waved, moving onto the next person.

~

I have a really good feeling about this book