25

Luke's POV

"Where are we going?" Alex and Chloe both asked.

"My house."

"Ooh! Yay!" I squealed, causing Michael and his mum to laugh.

"Do you like her house that much?" Michael asked, and looked back at me.

"Yeah. Of course. It's so big, and there's always food in the kitchen." I said and shrugged my shoulders.

He smiled, and turned around.

-

"Okay. You three close your eyes." Liz said as we stepped out of the car.

We all closed our eyes. I stood in the middle of them, and I felt something being placed in my hands.

"Okay..1..2..3..open!" She said.

We all three looked down to the paper placed in my hands.

I read it quickly.

Adoption papers.

I looked at them confused until I saw me, Chloe, and Alex's names at the bottom, and right after it, Liz's signature.

"N-No. You didn't.." I said quietly.

"What does it say?" Chloe asked.

I wiped my eyes on the back of my hand.

"Is this a joke?" I asked.

"Of course not." Liz smiled.

This isn't happening. This has to be a dream.

"N-No this isn't real- nobody's ever wanted- oh my gosh.." I said overwhelmed.

"What does it say?!" Chloe yelled.

I kneeled down to her, and Alex did the same, hugging me from the side.

"Luke? Why are you crying?" She asked, wiping my face off.

"Chloe. This is our new home." I said.

She turned around, and smiled.

Me and Alex stood back up, and she turned and ran to hug Liz.

Me and Alex quickly followed, and hugged Liz.

Our first hug as a family.

"Luke. Thank Michael. Thank him for introducing us. I've never even considering adopting until I met you." She said quietly.

I turned to see Michael standing by the car with his hands in front of him.

I ran over to him, and jumped into his arms, making him fall against the car.

I kissed his lips over and over and over.

"I love you so much Michael. I love you." I said.

His smiled grew wider and wider with every word I said.

"I love you so fūcking much, Michael Clifford. More than you could ever know." I whispered.

"I love you too." He said.

I laid my head down on his shoulder, and felt more water works coming.

I sobbed onto his shoulder and felt him rubbing my back.

I have a home.

I have a family.

I have a mum. Not a birth mum, but she loves me like one, and I can tell.

"You have made this the best Christmas, not just for me, but for several people. You are amazing." I said, and wiped my face on his shirt.

"It no problem." He said humbly.

"I've never thought I would get adopted. Everybody wants babies, you know?" I said, lying my head back onto his shoulder.

"I know, but who wouldn't want you?" He said and smiled down at me.