22

Michael's POV

"Michael! Let's go!" My mum yelled.

"I'm coming!" I said, running down the stairs.

"Okay. I have $3000 to spend-"

"$3000?! Geez mum!"

"What? We can get them stuff they need too, like food, and stuff." She said.

"Oh, right." I said quietly.

.

We got to Walmart, and went to the toy section: stuff Chloe and the other kids would like.

We got at least 6 fire trucks, 20 coloring books, crayons, paint, markers, easels, Barbies, tea party sets, and a stuffed animal for everyone.

We got Jeydon a nice set of head phones, and iTunes gift cards. He's 14: he's not gonna use the stuff we got for the other kids.

I got Alex a Ghost Town shirt, and a 12 pack of peace tea. I know she has an unhealthy obsession with it.

And as for Luke, mayday parade tickets. I'm also giving him something else, but that'll be a surprise.

We got new toothbrushes for everyone, and a bunch of clothes. We got new pillows and blankets for all of them too. We bought them fruit snacks, and candy, and a bunch of other things they needed.

It took a while getting through checkout though.

.

"Michael. I swear. She's gonna love it." Luke said placing the necklace in a box.

"You think?" I asked and quietly laughed.

"No. I know." He said confidently.

He wrapped it in a pretty Christmas wrapping paper, and put a tag on it.

'To Liz'

He wrote in his neatest hand writing and looked at it when he was done.

"Just five more days." He mumbled.

"You really love Liz, don't you?" I asked.

"Of course. She's so nice and she's funny too. We talk about you a lot." He said, sitting criss cross on the ground, tying a bow onto the box.

"You do?" I smirked.

"Yeah.." He said quietly, keeping his concentration on the box.

"Well. What do you guys say?"

"We talk about how you look like a weasel that got hit in the face with a bat." He mumbled.

I glared in his direction and playfully rolled my eyes.

He looked over to me and giggled.

"I'm just kidding. We talk about your hair a lot."

"My hair?"

"Yeah. It looks cool." He said, glancing up to it.

"Well. Your hair looks cool." I said back.

"Nuh uh.." He mumbled.

"Yeah it does. Come here." I said, and grabbed his hand.

He stood up with me and I led him to the bathroom.

"Ashton always keeps this in here." I mumbled, pulling Ashton's hair gel out from under the sink.

I patted the counter top, and he hopped up onto it, becoming eye level with me.

I put gel on my hands and began to push his hair upwards.

"It looks really cool.." I said quietly, and he smiled.

Once I was done, he turned and smiled at himself in the mirror.

"Do you like your hair like that?" I asked.

He crossed his legs on the counter, and faced the mirror.

His smile seemed like it would never fade, but it quickly did.

"Here. Alex let me have this." He said, pulling out a concealer stick.

"What are you gonna do with this?" I asked.

"It makes me look pretty." He said quietly, and put it over his blemishes.

"Aw Lukey. You don't need that." I said quietly.

He blended the makeup in with his fingers, and now his smile wouldn't go away.

"You look really beautiful Luke." I said, and wrapped my arms around his waist from behind.

I rested my head on his back as he admired his new look.

"I really feel beautiful."