The Letter

"Eleanor!"  I shout across these hollow and ghostly halls as soon as I spot Eleanor exiting the throne room

"Eleanor!"  I shout across these hollow and ghostly halls as soon as I spot Eleanor exiting the throne room. I wonder if she was called once again for her mysterious absences.

"Princess! I have been searching everywhere for you." I proceed to hug her as always even if I can sense her distress.

"I was taking a walk out in the forest as I always do. Is something wrong?"

"Your mother wishes to speak with you in the throne room. You must hurry."

"Take this. It's a gift from my friend. I will tell you all about it later. In the meantime, hold on to it." I place in her hands my truest and most dazzling gift as I notice her mystifying eyes gazing down on me. She remains silence and doesn't ask questions as I leave her to enter the throne room where I am not anticipating whatever my mother has to say.

"Edlynne." A delightful smile as always welcomes me. I notice father is on the corner speaking to one of his most trusted guards. I choose not to approach him since they don't appear to be engaging in a pleasant conversation. I ignore them as mother takes me into her arms.

"Eleanor said you wanted to speak with me."

"Your father and I have something very important we want to discuss with you." My chest tightens since these important conversations never end well for me. It must be something I did wrong. I notice father as he approaches with a half-smile and kisses my temple before he joins my mother in the throne.

"Bring him in." My father demands of one of the guards by the door and my eyes widen as I have been horror-struck by the man being brought in by two guards with heavy chains weighting down his body. Jorah. The leader of the Red Dragons. He is also Raven's father. He kneels down before my father just a few feet from where I stand. I can barely stand the sight of him like this.

"What is happening?" I glare at my mother with an agitating tone.

"One of his sons has been suspected of treachery." My mother informs me but all that is going through my mind is how Raven would react if he knew his father was here in chains.

"Impossible. I know them. They would never do such thing."

"One of them betrayed their kingdom despite their purpose to protect it by committing a serious crime."

"Who was it? I want the name."

"Raven." Jorah speaks with a husky voice as he finally meets my pleading yet agonizing eyes. My heart has been palpitating while I have been hiding my trembling hands. I am able to feel my blistering cheeks as they burn intensively. Raven. I cannot even imagine what he could have done for his father to be in this position.

"What did he do?." My voice quavers since I am not sure I want to know.

"He fell in love with you." I frown since I already knew he loved me. We have been friends since I was seven years old.