Chapter 41

Melody's POV

We've been making out for about a minute now in front of the basement faculty only door, trying to wait for two teachers to leave the hallway so we could steal school supplies. Liam has told me the plan, but I feel like he's hiding something from me. I'm sure it's not that bad, but I know I'll find out soon. 

"Okay, coast is clear lover boy," I giggled and he groaned. 

"Just one more minute," he pleaded and I rolled my eyes before dragging him through the forbidden door. He's been doing that a lot lately. Like he knows he's going to lose me soon or something. It can't be about the ghost riders though, because I can't get taken by them. They are scared of banshees and witches apparently. 

"Can't we just buy a lightning rod?" Liam asked. 

"Sure, if you have like $2500. Saving people is expensive babes. We turned the corner and I see Mr. Douglas, our physics teacher, building a taser.

"What are you doing? This is faculty only," he said and started packing stuff up.

"Then why are you the one leaving? Let's see. Plugs, wires... Are you building a taser?"

"No of course not," he chuckled but it was more nervous than sincere. 

"You've seen them haven't you?" Liam asked. "Was it the night of the lacrosse game? You saw the lightning, the men and the horses?"

"Dozens of them," he answered hesitantly.

"Then what?"

"It was chaos. They were everywhere. Some of the kids were running, but for everyone else it was like there was nothing there. They couldn't see a thing."

"We did. And we got a whole lot more to tell you if you really want to fight back," Liam stated but I was hesitant. He's a good actor I'll give him that. I don't know what it is... but I'm sure I'll find out soon.

--------

"So, if they're in control how do we stop it?" Liam asked Douglas in the physics room as he was trying to figure out how to stop them with us.

"We need to absorb a lightning bolt."

"Can we do that?"

"Not with anything I have here. I can't build a conduit strong enough to even absorb half as much energy." Suddenly, the bell rang so we were on our way out.

"If we can't build a conduit maybe we can get someone who can absorb the lightning," Liam suggested with slight hesitation.

"I don't know. I don't even think Kira can do that."

"Josh could. He ate electricity."

"Josh is dead."

"Yeah, but his power didn't die with him."

"May as well have," I stated, being slightly confused. "We can't get to it."

"We don't know that. Not for sure."

"Liam, what are you getting at here?" I stopped at the end of the hallway and turned to him. He sighed.

"Do you trust me?"

I held his hand. "Of course."

"Then follow me."

-------------