ten

fireball

flashback

sitting on the edge of jacks bed, gently applying a coat of burgundy nail polish as jack scolds me.

"you don't fucking understand what you did!" he yells, i'm too busy to even notice he's talking about saturdays ordeal.

"listen to me!" he grabs my hair agreessivly, admiring my face he had messed up, wrinkles from drugs, rough skin (again from drugs), brittle hair (drugs!), disgusting teeth.

all from him

busted lips

my crooked nose.

all him.

"i'm sorry" i say to jack. fixing my white tube top, and letting the waist of my black jeans fall below wear my boxers, correction; jacks boxers.

i roll my eyes continuing my nail polish.

he rolls his eyes as well.

"what do you want me to say" i suddenly say. jacks head peaks up from his macbook.

"what?" squinting his eyes, he grabs his head as to signify 'painkillers y/n!'.
tossing the baggie of pills and a bottle of fireball to him, i fix my ratty hair that had practically turned into dreads.

"i mean, i'm not sorry. if i'm being completely honest, i thought what i did was justified. platt TOTALLY deserved it."

"he was recovering, y/n. he overdosed on heroin that YOU sold him" with those words, i widen my eyes look up from my nails and turn to him.

"fuck you. that's not fair, jack. who's buisness is it? yours! it's on yo-"

"exactly. exactly why i'm fucking mad" he leans over me, grabbing my hand roughly and spitting on me as he abrasively spoke.

"babe, you're scaring me" i say, mascara steaming down my face in hot drips.

"oh please! 'babe you're scaring me!!' shut the fuck up" jack mocks me shoving my arm into my chest and climbing off.

i sit back up, looking at my now smudge nail polish.

i hear jacks belt jingle, he drops his pants to the floor climbing over me.

end

"boris" i say, cooking him an omelette, as theo walks down the stairs, grasping his head.

"mhm babe?" i was shocked by the new nickname, but i go with it. theo plops down, i slide him the painkillers (ibuprofen) down the table and a bottle of fireball.

"is that safe to take with alcohol?" boris says, squinting.

"woah. since when do you care?" i say, my shoulders leaning back and i raise an eyebrow, as theo does the same eyebrow raise.

"since i got a girlfriend who popped a few too many pills." the words hit me like a ray of sun. maybe too much sun. like 3rd degree burns.

"anyways, remember what you said last night?"

"yeah when you were screwing?" theo giggles.

"i said a lot of shit last night, printsessa. what did i say exactly?" boris answers, dismissing theos words.