eleven

this is where we thought it was the beginning.
borises proposal and sappy tears.

when really, it was just the end.

a week after boris popped the question, i decided to go back to school. i saw mike sporting a large scab, and my best friend i had abandoned for the russian boy i would soon marry.

by 9:30, i was in the bathroom violently puking with no one to hold my hair back. in this moment it wasn't boris i had craved, it was sophia.

by 11:08 i was sitting in chemistry with my feet off my desk and my arms on my table. a blank stare and blurry hearing as mike tapped me.

i look at him, the same expression just less blurry hearing and intense ringing.

"are you okay?" he asked, i start to nod my head before i puke on him.

"well i'll take that as a no" he shakes his hands with my dinner all over them.

i father my stuff and leave the classroom promptly before passing out in the hallway.

6:30, i was sitting in the school nurse with an icepack on my head and lost in found sweatshirt on my body. i saw boris pulling up.

he got out and jumped to see me immediately.

"oh my god, y/n-" boris rushes up to hug me but i slapped him right in the face.

he touches the slap lightly and looks at me
"i-"

"where the hell were you?" i look up to him with cold and angry eyes. january fire.

as the boy stood their with a guilty expression, i pushed past him and got into the passenger seat of his car outside.

the car ride home i spent with my head pressed against the window.

"did i ever tell you about russia?" boris asked, out of silence. i pick my head up and look to him

"huh?" i stare out the window not daring to make eye contact with him

"russia, how i was homeless. how i found out my mom died." i roll my eyes and bury my face in my knees i propped up onto my seat.

"no." i simply say.

"i was at the little boys school. no shirt on."

"typical boris..." he giggles at my quiet remark

"and a little lady, plump and old came up to me with a telephone in her hands and said "bояуs pavlikovsky?" so i nodded my little head, like a good boy. and she said "i'm afraid there was a terrible tragity." and i look to her and i say, it was my mother wasnt it. she just nods her head." borises mom had fell out of a window while she was drunk. i had little to see how this had anything to do with him picking me up several hours late.

i gulped and looked to him.

"and you know where i was when this lady told me that?" i shake my head
"in the bathroom making out with another girl" my heart stops. what does he mean?

"b-boris-" i'm cut off by the sounds of borises loud crying.

"im sorry i am so sorry.." my world started spinning.

this couldn't be true. this wasn't our ending! this was supposed to be the start!
it can't be true it can't..

flash back

"it can't be true it can't!" i wailed, across the room from jack in the bed we bought together with another girl. his shirtless body revealed by the sheets that fell when the girl stood up to cover herself.

i walk to her, slowly, not breaking eye contact.
i get into her ear
"i'm gonna slit your FUCKING THROAT" i start by whispering and then screaming.

i point to the door and scream for her to get the hell out of our apartment.

jack is sitting there with his shocked expression.

"don't think i won't kill you too." i point to him before grabbing my stuff and leaving

but i think we know that didn't last long.

end

"fuck you."

those were the very last words i said to boris before i tucked and rolled out of his car and ran into the woods. i didn't stop running for miles. days. weeks. not until i was covered in dirt, sweat and tears.
i thought those were my last words in the moment.

little did i know those were the last words i said to him for ten years.

end monologue

y/n led on to be pregnant and have borises child. the last remaining stain he left on her. she moved in with sophia, who they co-parented Mara, which name meant bitter. bitter for boris.
she got a job as a preformer during coffee shop sundays. she sang written songs.
sophia brought in most of the money, soon becoming a successful actress and gaining access into hollywood where they soon moved too.

boris has slept with kotku that day, from that day on he only knew kotku. theo and him had a falling out after he cheated on y/n, but soon rekindled after meeting again in a AA meeting.
they moved to LA to start a drug and money moving business, selling to huge stars and actors.

ten years later, they both received the invite.

thank you for reading this book :) as always, a sequel will be released by the name of "the invite" with the first chapter available on the night or dawn of april 14th, 2020.

i hope you enjoyed the last chapter.
yours truly,
~sevanna.