Chapter 1

Quinn's P.O.V
"Fuck!" I yelled after stubbing my toe on the kitchen counter.
"Quinn Maria Eaton do not swear!" I heard my mother yell across the room. "Now hurry up and get dressed, we are leaving for the choosing ceremony soon."
"Give her a break Tris, she's making a huge decision today." My father said. As I left the room I heard my mother whisper to my father, "I just don't want her to leave like Hannah."
Two years ago my sister Hannah transferred from Dauntless to Candor. It shocked my family. Not only did she leave us but she left her best friend and girlfriend, Mia Pedrad, behind in Dauntless. Mia is the daughter of my fathers bestfriend Zeke and his wife Shauna.

I ran upstairs and grabbed my black skinny jeans, blood red Dr Martens, a black t-shirt and my black leather jacket. I got changed and shoved my phone in the inside pocket of my jacket. I ran back downstairs and walked into the kitchen. My parents were sat at the breakfast bar and my 15 year old brother, Hugo, was stood by the fridge.
"I'm ready. We can go." My parents nodded and we left our apartment.

I wasn't scared of worried for my aptitude test but I was shocked at y results. My parents had already told me about Divergence and what it means but I didn't expect to get all five factions as my result. I knew what I was going to choose. And I also knew what my best friends where going to choose. My best friends and I always knew we'd pick Dauntless. We were the fantastic foursome. The four amigos; never to be separated. Quinn Eaton, Jenna Pedrad, Logan Pedrad and Jess Roslin. We always stuck together through thick and think. We always have and we always would. That's what I thought- Boy was I wrong.

A/N: Hey guys. This I just setting the scene for you all. Don't forget the character lists are posted as photos in this chapter and the previous two 'chapters'