Sanemi x Reader

AN: Very first request! I don't know if I'm supposed to say who gave it or not, so I'll let it slide, except the person wants it.

——————————————————————————————————

This guy I've met was the most abrasive person I've ever met in my entire, and never ending life! Since the first day our eyes met, he was out to kill me. But I can't blame him for that, after all...I am what one would call a demon.

But I'm different! I won't harm people and devour them! Though which demon hunter would believe that? Only idiots I guess...but something changed between us. If I think correctly, it was the day I've tried saving living beings...

And the days he used to chase me...were really something as well.

The Past

"There you are demon!!" This annoying scarred guy roared, thrusting forward with his katana.

"I'm still not going to fight you, not today and not on any day!!" Diving myself away into the shadows of the night, I was able to safe my neck from his blade but evading his attack was no laughing matter. He still got a pretty good cut on my arm.

"You're lying! There's still no way demons like you exist! You're only here to destroy everything!" His endless attack left me no choice but to focus every second, if I get distracted...my memories from my past life will vanish!

But...the only thing I remember is my only friend...everything else is gone...

"I still don't get why're you're so obsessed on killing me! I've been silent and helped you guys out in the dark with this!" It happened, I drew the katana on my wrist, the katana itself used to have such a vibrant and wonderful color. But the day he was gone, the day I took it as a memorial...it went dull and almost colorless.

"My proof is right there in your hand, there is no way a filthy demon would possess something that can kill them. Except you killed one of ours!" Those words were sharper than his weapon, the mere accusations was enough to snap me.

"You think, just because I'm a demon...it means that I'm the one at fault for killing my friend!?" Swinging the blade with no precision but full of rage, he was bound to get tired. And so it happened, he lost his grip and the sword went flying. "It may have been my choice to become such a creature! But only because I wanted to live!!" Holding the tip to his chest, I was ranting about my whole frustration of existing.

"Stop your whining and do it already, show me the monster you really are." He pierced himself, his blood dripping down on his expose chest. But something was odd, there was this huge urge inside me...it screamed and begged me to drink it. And I felt...intoxicated.

That guy could see my hesitation, my desire for his blood. But my senses to stay away from this was still stronger then to give this maniac the satisfaction of showing him something I'm not! So the best option here was to run away and get away from him.

And that wasn't the last time he showed his face in front of me. It wasn't the last time he almost killed me. But every time we met, there was a flicker of hesitation in his orbs.

The Present

Somehow, I ended up near the village he was supposed to protect. I was able to get the information that his name was Shinazugawa Sanemi and he was what one would call a pillar by their society. I don't know why either, but something told me that there is more to him than I'd like to admit. And so, I made it a hobby of mine to watch him and let this man do his stuff.