The Terrorists

"Well..I didn't hear anything last night...were you guys just really quiet?"

"Johnny, if I have to tell you again that nothing happened between us, I'm going to beat the shit out of you."

"I'm joking!"

Nat sighed in annoyance, looking at Gyro, who was silently eating. He raised his eyebrows at her, and she shook her head.

"Hurry up and finish eating, Gyro. You were the first one here and you're still not done!" Nat complained.

"What? I like to take my time with things."

The statement itself was completely normal. But it was the way he said it that made Nat's face turn red and made her look away, pretending to cough. Johnny looked in between her and Gyro.

"I'll meet you guys at the hotel." Nat said quickly, getting up.

"Nat, wait, Gyro's almost done!" Johnny grabbed her arm, and she looked at him. He let her go. She looked at his hand and remembered his nails, his Stand.

She sat back down.

"Actually...there was something I wanted to talk to you guys about anyway. Really quick. As long as you don't ask too many questions." She looked down at her arm. Gyro stopped eating. She gave him a look.

"You, keep on eating! Or we'll end up being here forever." She demanded, and Gyro rolled his eyes but did so. "Anyway. Johnny, about your Stand..I..I have one, too."

Before she could finish speaking, Gyro dropped his fork and Johnny looked at her in shock.

"What?!" They both asked. She sighed.

"A while ago, a few months after I stopped seeing Johnny, I was..kidnapped. I was walking home and some assholes punched me and tied me up. There were too many of them for me to fight back efficiently. They easily won."

Her eyes glazed over, and she stared at her arm. She could feel her Stand, even now. She remembered the night.

"They threw me onto a wagon, and we headed south for maybe half an hour. Eventually, they stopped, and they threw me off the wagon. They tried to have their way with me, but I fought back. One punched me in the stomach. But..it didn't hurt as much as it should have. And when I touched him, tried to hit him back...I wasn't even able to land a good kick, but he still flew back. I knocked him out. That basically continued. One of them would hit me, and even though I felt the pain, I also felt..stronger. When I hit them back, I could tell I was using more than just my strength. I was somehow using theirs, too. I had..absorbed it." She hesitated for a second. The next part of the story wasn't pretty. In fact, it was one of the main reasons she had started drinking.

"..then one of them shot me. In my leg. Went right through. And when I punched that man..my.." She stopped. She couldn't say it. She didn't want to say it.

She didn't want to say that she had punched him right through the chest, leaving a hole that you could see through, as if she had the power of that bullet.

She cleared her throat. "Anyway, my Stand ability let's me absorb any damage I take, and turn it into something I can use. My brother called it Wicked Game. I think that's pretty accurate. I still feel it, only slightly less, but it's still there. And..the area that we had stopped at, the area that I was able to get away from..looked exactly like the Devil's Palm Johnny got his Stand in."

They sat in silence. Gyro had finished eating. Johnny was staring at the table in shock and anger, feeling slightly guilty that he hadn't been there. Hadn't been there to protect her.