The Corpse Eyes

"What the FUCK-" Gyro started to shout.

"Dio was holding down your neck and arm with his feet back at that house! He must have scratched you! And Johnny, too!" Nat explained. She looked at herself. Her skin was normal.

She hadn't been infected yet.

"You have got to be kidding me! Nat, you're not infected?!" Gyro asked, and she shook her head, then looked at the dinosaurs and Dio coming towards them.

"Not yet.." She muttered. "But anyway! You guys may not have a lot of time!"

"Judging by what happened to that bear...3 minutes, tops!" Johnny said.

"What do we do? Do we give him the left arm and beg for our lives? Or can we defeat Dio in the 3 minutes we have left?" Gyro asked. Nat looked up at Dio. There were a bunch of small sewer mice dinosaurs coming for them.

"Shit! Dio unleashed more of those mice!" She pointed out.

"Don't move, no matter what!" Gyro commanded, but Johnny shook his head.

"There's no point! We have their piss on us! They already know where we are! Dio's just using them to find us!" Johnny said. "We have to fight or we'll be killed!"

"No, Johnny. There's one thing we have to do. What we need to accomplish in the next three minutes..is getting on top of that hill and getting the corpse part! Look at yourself, Johnny, your left arm isn't turning into scales anymore. I'm the only one turning into a dinosaur...your corpse part must be stopping the infection." Gyro looked at his arm, and Nat looked at his face. His transformation was still happening, but he was right about Johnny's. The infection was barely starting to reach his face.

"We need that corpse part to stop Gyro's infection!" Nat finished his thought. She looked at Johnny, then behind him.

The herd of the sewer mice dinosaurs had reached them and started jumping all over them, roaring with their squeaky voices. Johnny looked up, making eye contact with Dio.

He and the other dinosaurs started to run towards them.

"They found us!" Johnny shouted.

"Ignore them, Johnny. Look over here." Gyro commanded, and both Nat and Johnny turned to see what Gyro was talking about.

"See! Now there's an opening to the canyon! We gotta jump!" Gyro said. Nat looked at him in shock. He seemed to be smiling.

But..jump?

"What?" Johnny asked softly.

"Come on, Nat, help!" Gyro grabbed Johnny and Nat, then kicked off the rock that they were on, and Nat tried to help provide them with extra momentum as much as she could, but she still couldn't believe that they had jumped off a cliff. While being chased by dinosaurs. One of which used to be one of her best friends.

"HOLY SHIIIIT!!" Johnny shouted as they flew over the canyon. Nat screamed and grabbed onto Gyro.

"We can't make it! It's too far!" She yelled, trying to calm herself down and do something other than screaming.

Gyro smirked and threw his steel ball, and it hit a tree that was over the cliff. It started to unravel, making a vine for them to grab.

"Exactly! There's no way across..for them! Unless Dio is a dinosaur with wings, which..last I checked, he isn't. Grab onto the tree bark I shaved off with the ball!" Gyro said with a smile. He grabbed onto the bark, and Nat let him go and grabbed onto it as well. Johnny grabbed it with one hand, but accidentally grabbed Nat's leg with his other hand. She gave him a slight look, and he quickly moved his hand.