the bathroom floor

I'm just feeling lots of feelings right now, so here we go.

ALSO HI IM GONNA REWRITE THIS, BUT I WANTED TO GET THAT IDEA OUT THERE

"Why are you crying, Sweetheart?" I asked, kneeling down to Katherine's level.

There she was, shaking as she sobbed on her bathroom tile. She'd been like this since her costume fitting two hours ago.

I stood up, pacing a line behind her back. I watched over her shoulder as she stared at her phone in her lap.

I need help. I need to talk to someone. Please call me, I just need someone to listen.

She had this text written out and almost three recipients were in the send to box.

Katherine didn't send the text.

"You..." She started, looking right at me, pointing a quivering finger right at my nose as I crossed back in front of her. "This is your fault!"

I shook my head, dryly chuckling. "After all we've been through? You're blaming this on me?" I returned to my kneeling spot before her. "Tell me, Kath, whose arms did you run into after a bad school day? Who defended you when teachers at school or your parents got mad about B's on your report card?"

"You." She mumbled gently.

"Exactly. So why are you blaming this on me?" I coaxed, running my thumb over her cheek.

I watched as her gaze fell back to the tile. "I shouldn't be. This is my fault."

"Exactly."

~~~~~

This was written from Ballet's point of view...