hate me

Y'all, the Nutcracker time crunch is real. And the Nutcracker TEA is real

"Everyone is going to hate me!" Katherine exclaimed, slamming the door shut to her shared apartment with James.

"Literally nobody is going to hate you, Kath." James turned around once he had hung up his coat. "Why don't you take your coat off and calm down?" James talked slower, his voice mimicking the deep breaths he wished she would take.

Katherine aggressively unbuttoned and untied her peacoat, turning to hang it up. "There." She stated, crossing her arms.

"Kath," James looked her right in the eye. "Go shower. I'm going to brew some tea, and we'll call in something for dinner. Then we'll talk about this."

"Alright. Thank you, I love you." She spoke softly.

"I love you too, Princess." He kissed the top of her head and sent her off to go relax for a bit.

~~~~~

"Beautiful, let's talk about this." James set his plate down, setting down his bite of sandwich.

"There's nothing to talk about." She mumbled, poking around with her salad, though she hadn't actually taken a bite yet.

James raised his eyebrows. "You were livid all day today. Nearly in tears at rehearsals. There's lots to talk about."

Katherine sighed, still poking around in her salad. "I just don't want to lose all of my friends over this."

"You're not going to lose all of your friends because you're talented, Babe." James explained.

Katherine set her bowl down, but James pointed back at it, looking her in the eye.

"Eat it." He spoke sternly.

Katherine sighed, picking the bowl up and taking an overdramatic bite off of her fork. "There."

"But Love, you need to understand that this is how understudies work. Tiler got hurt, you're an apprentice, you're filling in." James coaxed.

"I know how understudies work, James." Katherine rolled her eyes, setting her fork down.

"Eat your salad." James spoke sternly, once more.

Katherine rolled her eyes again, taking another bite of her salad. "I'm not hungry."

"Yes, you are. Now listen." He continued. "Nobody is going to hate you. That's how this works."

Katherine sighed. "I just don't want everyone to be jealous." She whispered.

"Kath, this is the company we're going to work in for the rest of our lives, okay? They're going to have to get used to this hierarchy." James kissed her forehead. "Be proud of yourself. Peter trusted you to carry this role as an apprentice."

Katherine sighed, smiling gently. "Alright, I'll be proud."

"Good. Now finish your salad. I know you're hungry."

~~~~~

Nothing but solid facts here ^