Chapter 3

"So you're telling me," I said in an annoyed disbelieving tone while clutching the teacup in my hand taking a sip before continuing " You want to enlist for the United States Army again? What is this the 5th time you've tried? You want to fail once again?"

It has been a wonderful two months since I've arrived in 1943.

After settling into Steve's small apartment, I found myself a nice job in a nearby tea shop. I know, I know, I know.

"Cheshire, why aren't you working in a cat shop?"

Because dear reader I want to feel my friend's presence near me. The sweet smell of herbal tea just makes me nostalgic for Grace's tea parties back in Wonderland.

Plus I have to make money some way and I ran out of ideas.

"Yes," Steve said sitting in front of me in a chair with a teacup in his hands, looking like a little schoolboy.

"And you want me to come with you?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yes," Steve said trying to look confident as if my answer would define him as a man but still said with bravery.

"Well," I paused for dramatic effect, finishing my tea"What are you staring at? Let's go. You live only once you know?"

He looked shocked at my answer before he shook his head and followed me out the door with a bright confident smile on his face.

"Oh that little bunny is going to get eaten alive," I thought to myself as we walked down the street.

*Time Skip*

I stood outside the building watching a long line of men waiting to get their chance to get into the army. A bunch of Americans following their civic duty.

Boring If you ask me.

I look down at my watch to see that it's been 3 hours since I've been waiting for Steve.

"What's taking him so long?!!" I asked myself running out patience.

I turn my head to see a familiar blonde hair and blue-eyed tiny man.

"So?" I asked him making a hand jester " How did it go?"

He handed me a piece of paper, his hands in his pockets.

"I hate to say it, you know that but I told you so," I said 

"I know maybe I should give up, stop trying and go home," He said looking down at the dirt all sad.

"I disagree,"  lifting his chin looking him straight in the eye. " Steve Grant Rogers I have only known you for two months but I know your not a quitter So listen to me there showing a movie nearby I say let's grab some popcorn and relax until Bucky finds us"