Chapter 5

"You're going to be fine, there's nothing to worry about," I said with confidence but a slight hint of worry as we watched another man get called into the medical examination room

"I know, I know" Steve assured me

"But then again, anything can happen really, the possibilities are endless," I rambled on.

"Trinity"

"What?!" I turned to him, realizing I don't sound entirely helpful at the moment. "Oops, sorry," I say with a shrug.

"It's going to be alright, I promise" His light blue eyes meeting mine, calming me down.

"Okay, okay, okay" I breathe in and out.

" Steve Rogers?" a nurse called, looking down at her clipboard.

"Here" he answered

"This way," she told him, signaling him to follow her. Steve looks back at Trinity who's giving him a bright smile and a thumbs up.

Steve walks and waits in the medical examination room when the nurse whispers something inaudible to Young Doctor.

" Wait here," The doctor told him.

" Is there a problem?" Steve asked

"Just wait here." He said walking out

This worried him, thinking that he will finally be arrested for enlisting too many times. Steve looks at a sign warning against lying on your enlistment form and starts to get ready to leave.

An Enlistment Office MP walks in the room and Steve looks up at him worriedly. Enlistment Office MP quietly leaves as Dr. Abraham Erskine enters the room.

Dr.Erskine quietly thanks  the Enlistment Office MP before turning to Steve "So, you want to go overseas. Kill some Nazis." he said to him

"Excuse me," Steve asked confused.

"Dr. Abraham Erskine" introducing himself, walking over "I represent the Strategic Scientific Reserve."

"Steve Rogers" Steve introduced himself, shaking his hand as Dr. Erskine starts looking through Steve's file.

"Where are you from?" He asked, making conversation.

" Queens. 73rd Street and Utopia Parkway. Before that, Germany. This troubles you?" He asked him, giving him his detailed address.

" No," Steve told him, shaking his head.

" Where are you from, Mr. Rogers? Mmm? Is it New Haven? Or Paramus? Five exams in five different cities." He said, flipping through Steve's file.

"That might not be the right file," Steve said trying to defend himself.

"No, it's not the exams I'm interested in. It's the five tries. But you didn't answer my question. Do you want to kill Nazis?" He said repeating his previous questions.

"Is this a test?" He asked.

"Yes" He answered

" I don't wanna kill anyone. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from." Steve said truthfully.

"Well, there are already so many big men fighting this war. Maybe what we need now is the little guy, huh?" he said, as they both exit the room "I can offer you a chance."

I see them come out, lifting my head, smiling. I stand up behind them at a safe distance so they could talk.

"Only a chance," Dr.Erskine repeated

"I'll take it," Steve said eagerly

" Good. So where is the little guy from, actually?" He asked him curiously.

" Brooklyn" Steve answered.

Dr. Erskine stamps Steve's form and hands him back his file "Congratulations, soldier"

Steve and I look over the file, open it up, and sees that he's been stamped as accepted. We both look at each other with smiles and Steve looks back at the doctor with a look of determination.

Meanwhile in a Hydra lab in the mountains

Johann Schmidt, head of Hydra, asked "Are you ready, Dr. Zola?"

Dr.Arnim Zola, a small man with glasses and a blue lab coat, answered him "My machine requires the most delicate calibration. Forgive me if I seem overcautious"

"And are you certain that those conductors of yours can withstand the energy surge long enough for a transference?" Schmidt asked, putting down a picture of three men looking at what appeared to be a floating glowing cube.

"With this artifact, I am certain of nothing. I fear it may not work at all," he said as Schmidt inserts the Tesseract carefully into the machine. Zola starts it up.

" Twenty percent... Forty..... Sixty... Stabilizing at 70%" Said Zola stabilizing the machine.

"I have not come all this way for safety, Doctor," Schmid said, taking over the controls. He turns the controls up to maximum and blue light filters through the room.

" What is that?" asked Zola, after successfully collecting the power from the glowing Tesseract using the machine.

"I must congratulate you, Arnim. Your designs do not disappoint. Though they may require some slight reinforcement." congratulated Schmidt.

"The exchange is stable. Amazing! The energy we have just collected could power my design, all my designs. This will change the war." Dr. Zola said excitedly about the new possibilities.

"Dr. Zola, this will change the world," Schmidt said.

This gave me a bad feeling.

Thank you all for your support and patience. I apologize for being gone for so long but I promise more will be on the way. 

Sincerely

Marichat