Goodbye Loki, I Love You

Edited*

2 years later (10 years old)

I was sitting in a big willow tree in the palace garden, enjoying the view.

"Hello (Y/n/n), you should be carful up there" I looked down to see Loki smiling up at me.

"Don't worry Ki I won't fall" I smiled at my concerned friend.

"Well why don't you come down now and spend time with your best friend instead of a lump of wood" he said casually.

"Oh? Is someone jealous of a tree? How shameful" I giggled while making my way to the ground. I stood in front of the god to see a slight pink hue on his cheeks.

"Awww is someone blushing?" I giggled and poked his cheek. He gently swatted my hand away and scoffed.

"I would certainly think not. Do not accuse me of such ridiculous actions" he spoke with embarrassment in his voice.

"Oh of course my prince how could I ever treat you in such a way. I am deeply sorry" I mocked in a tone of fear and bowed. He just laughed at my actions and pulled me up.

"Stop that , you've made your point" I giggled and gently pinched his cheek.

"So what activities shall we partake in today Ki?" I asked curiously. He smirked and grabbed my hand.

"Do you trust me?" He asked, looking into my eyes.

"Of course I do" he smiled and we ran through the castle, weaving our way past the guards to the front gate of the palace.

"Shall we M'lady?" He asked in a mocking tone, holding his arm out. I giggled and linked my arm with his.

"We shall kind Sir" we laughed and ran out of the palace gates. It was truly beautiful outside, the streets were filled with markets selling everything from food to jewellery. As we were walking I noticed a gorgeous green ring and necklace. I looked over my shoulder to see if Loki was looking, though he was to distracted by food. I bought the jewels and walked up to him, tapping his shoulder, hiding the jewellery.

"Hmm. Oh hi (Y/n/n), you ready to go?" He asked. I smiled and nodded.

We walked around for a few hours then sat under a big tree in the outside woods.

"Hey Ki?" He turned to me confused.

"Yes (Y/n/n)?" I smiled and handed him the ring while showing the necklace.

"I bought these back at the market. I saw it and though of our friendship, so I bought them in order to signify us" I smiled at him. He gave a wide smile back and hugged me tight.

"Thank you (Y/n), it's beautiful, I shall wear it everywhere" He slid the emerald ring on and helped me with the matching necklace.

"Thank you got everything Loki, for being there for me" I smiled at him.

"Of course silly, that's what friends are for are they not?" I smiled and hugged him again.

"Lady (Y/n), Prince Loki, your presence is immediately requested with the king and queen, as well as Lady (m/n) and Sir (f/n)" a royal guard said from behind us. I gulped and nodded, standing to my feet, pulling Loki up with me.

"This can't be good" he whispered to me. I just nodded in response.

Timeskip to being in front of king, etc.

"You should both know the rules of this palace, yes? You are not to leave the walls" Odin said firmly. I could feel my parents gazed on me, burning a hole through my soul.

"Yes father, we are sorry. Though (Y/n) shouldn't be-"

"Silence!" He roared. I was shaking at this point. I felt Loki intertwine our hands as to calm me down but it wasn't working.

"As punishment you two are to be under constant watch, and I expect this to never happen again. Am I understood?" He asked firmly.

"Y-Yes my king" I squeaked out, not looking into his eyes.

"Yes father" Loki said confidently, though I could tell he was lying, I could tell he was scared.

"Good. Then you shall go" he dismissed us. Loki and I walked out of the room and down the halls.

"(Y/n)!" I gulped and turned towards my mother.

"Y-Yes mother?" I knew what was coming though I thought I'd ask anyway.

"Don't "yes mother" me young lady. You disobeyed the rules now let's go, we need to have a word with you" she spoke firmly. I looked at Loki and hugged him.

"I'll see you later Ki, okay?" He smiled at me and nodded, heading in the other direction.

Timeskip to being in your room.

"How dare you embarrass me like that! And in front of the Odin no less. You disgrace me, you disgrace this family! Why can't you be more like your sister?!" She yelled at me.

"Because I'm not my sister!" I yelled back, finally breaking. My mother looked shocked that I had raised my voice, and to her no less.

"How dare you yell at me, I am your mother-"

"Oh really, because a mother doesn't favourite one child over another. She would except them both for who they are. And you most certainly don't do that. All my life it's been, 'oh (Y/n) why can't you be more like your sister?', 'Stop being such a child (Y/n), why can't you be more like Sif?' Well for your information I am not Sif and I will never be like her so stop pestering me!" I ranted to my mother, finally unleashing all my pent up anger from the past 10 years. She stared at me shocked, her anger slowly rising.

"Until you have learned to respect your elders you shall not be allowed to leave this room" she said sternly and walked to the door.

"I'm disappointed in you (Y/n)" and with that she left. I was furious. I stared breaking furniture and throwing stuff.

'Leave. Why don't you just leave, no one will miss you' I thought to myself.

'B-but I can't possibly leave Loki'

'Though he'd probably be better off without me'

I made a decision. I walked over to my lovely oak desk and started writing a letter.

Dear whoever is reading this,

I'm sorry. I'm sorry for disappointing you all for not being more like Sif. I know I am a disappointment to our family name that is why I have taken it upon myself to leave.

Now Loki I speak directly to you. I am sorry for leaving without a verbal goodbye but I couldn't bring myself to do it, besides I know you would find a way to convince me to stay. But I can't any longer, this family has finally driven me to the edge. Now don't worry I am not going to kill myself, no I am only going to leave. Run far away from this forsaken Kingdom. Don't worry Ki we'll see each other again someday, I know it. Until then, I want to thank you for being my friend, words can never truly explain how grateful I am to have met you. You were the only person to ever care about me and I love you for it. Thank you Loki.

Sincerely (Y/n).

After writing the note I left it on my bed, packed everything I needed and jumped out the window. Lucky for me it's only a few levels up so it made for a good escape.

I looked back at the place I once called home and sighed.

"Goodbye Loki, I love you" and disappeared into the darkness.

Hey hey. I hope you liked this chapter. Also sorry if my writings bad, it's kind hard to write the way they talk because their sentences can be a little abnormal from how I normally speak, though I'll try my best. Anyways until next time.
~ A. G