The Dinner

Edited*

I sighed making my way towards the dining hall but alas it was inevitable.

*Flashback*

"(Y/n), it's good to see you again dear" Frigga smiled and embraced me. She was like a second mother to me, or more of a first considering mine was a lousy excuse.

"It's good to see you as well Frigga" I smiled and pulled away.

"You did quite well out there, I'm impressed" I smiled and thanked her for the compliment.

"I wish for you to join us for dinner tonight, as a celebration of your return" I gave her an uneasy look.

"I-I don't know-" she interrupted me by smiling.

"Loki would appreciate it. He's missed you terribly" I sighed and nodded, agreeing to go.

"Excellent, I'll see you tonight then"

*Flashback over*

*your dress - you can choose one*

I sighed, flattening my dress. I pushed open the doors to the dining room, revealing (m/n), dad, Sif and the Warriors Three. I walked and sat next to Sif, an empty seat to my right.

"You look beautiful (Y/n)" Sif smiled. I returned the gesture and side hugged her.

"Thanks Sif, you look beautiful as well"

The table was talking and laughing, me included surprisingly, though I ignored (m/n).

Then Frigga, Odin, Thor and Loki walked in, though I was only focused on the disregarded prince. I followed his gaze as he made his way to the empty seat beside myself. Sif elbowed me, I turned to see her, as well as the Warriors Three smirking. I silently scoffed and shook my head.

"Hello (Y/n/n)" Ki smiled. I smiled back brightly and side hugged him.

"Hello Ki" then a clinking noise echoed through the room.

"I just want to be the first to say, welcome back (Y/n), it wasn't the same without you" Frigga said, smiling widely. I gave a sweet smile back.

"Thank you Frigga, it feels nice to be back" I kept my smile plastered on my face, taking a sip of my wine.

"Yes it's good to have you back dear" (m/n) said. I looked at her and nodded, turning my attention to the intricate lipstick marking on my glass, feeling the tension thicken.

I felt warmth in my hand and looked down to see Loki holding my hand. I smiled up at him. Odin coughed.

"So (Y/n)" I turned my attention to the old man. "How did you learn to fight like that. The last I remember you were just a sweet little girl who wouldn't harm a flower" Odin asked intrigued and I sighed.