A Stolen Heart

*don't know how I thought of this, but it wouldn't leave me alone. I don't know why I've decided Linda/Jamie have the best sisterly/brotherly/friendly relationship, but I have.*

"Linda!" Danny called out, running up to her in the school yard.
"Yessir?" She smiled and turned around, her blonde curls bouncing.
"We still on for tonight?"
"You better believe it..... unfortunately, I gotta break a very nice guy's heart...." she pouted and paused, "I'll have Jimmy drop me at your place. See ya at 6:30?"
"Definitely."
*********
"Ooh!" Seven and a half year old Jamie Reagan somewhat sang when he saw his babysitter. "You look very nice."
"Thank you, so do you."
"Are we gonna have some fun tonight?" Jamie smiled, then frowned when she didn't answer. "Linda?"
Linda sighed and crouched down to Jamie's level, "Listen, kiddo. You know you're my very favorite babysit...ee, but.... another guy has stolen my heart." She put her hand over her heart.
The little boy gasped, "who is he? I'll deck 'im for you."
A little ways away, Linda heard muffled laughter. She assumed Erin or Mary was listening. "He hasn't done anything wrong.... tell you what. When he does something stupid, which he most definitely will, it's just a matter of time," Linda smirked and rolled her eyes playfully, "but when he does, I'll call ya, deal?"
"Deal. But who is he?" He nearly whined, "how dare he!"
"Jamie, I thought you'd be a big boy about this. After all, you are seven and a half."
Jamie sighed, "you're right. Fine, I'll share. But who is he?"
"He's someone you know very well. He looks like you, too."
"Joey?" His blue eyes went wide.
"One more," Linda jabbed her thumb in the air, signaling a higher number.
"Danny?" He whispered, making the onlooker snicker loudly.
"Yes. And I'm gonna be hanging out with him a lot." She smiled softly, seeing Jamie's disappointed face. "But... Tell you what. How about... the last Friday of every month it'll just be you 'n' me, huh?"
Jamie nodded, "You better be there."
Linda chuckled, "don't worry. I'm sure your big brother will understand." She ruffled his hair and stood up. She walked into the kitchen where she found who had been laughing. "So you were the one who was laughing."
"Yes," Erin wiped the tear from her eye, "'I'll deck 'im!'" She repeated in a high, little kid's voice. "Oh, he's so adorable."
"He really is."
"You'd be a good Mom."
Linda groaned, "this house is toxic for me. I'm serious! The more I come here, the more I want kids. It's probably mostly hormones talking, but still."
Erin laughed, "you'd make a good parent..." she saw Danny coming out of the corner of her eye, "so would Danny."
"What would Danny do?" He asked, putting an arm around Linda.
"I'll tell ya on the way. See ya Monday, Erin."
"Bye, guys."
Danny led Linda out to the car, "so, what were you and Erin talking about?"
"Oh, nothing really. I was just telling her how I wanted kids. She said I'd make a good parent. So would you."
Danny chuckled, "I doubt that."
"No, you would. I see how you act with your siblings. Like they're the most precious gems in the world.... you'd make a great Dad."
Danny's ears turned slightly red, "Yeah... this whole Dad/gem thing? Let's keep it between us. Okay?"
"Oh, of course, Mr. Hardass."
He gave Linda a look and she smiled back at him. He shook his head, chuckling. "You're crazy."
"I'd have to be in order to date you."
Danny gave her the same look, and tried not to smile. But Linda's smile was very contagious, causing the Reagan to laugh. "How can I stay mad at you?"
"You can't, really."