Chapter 1

-3rd Person Stephen POV-

14,000,605.

It was impossible not to fall for someone you've fought alongside that many times. Someone you've died with, someone you've gone to the ends of the earth with.

Killed for.

Died for.

And Stephen Strange was just head over heals.

"Doc? Hey, you're fine, you're here," Tony Stark assured him as he roused him from his trance. Oh my gosh, Tony. He tried to look the man in the eyes, but he was shaken from trauma and smitten by love as he slightly blushed. He took a shaky breath and looked directly behind the hero to Quill as Tony expressed his concerns.

"Doc, what just happened there?"

Stephen explained the experience to the group. The dangers. The probabilities. What he didn't say was exactly how he had fallen for Tony Stark, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist, genius. How he dearly loved Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man, like his own son. How he would protect them both his life.

"So... how many times did we win?" Tony asked, breaking the silence hanging over the group like a low fog in June.

"That's just it. The success rates are... very low. There are things we must leave up to chance, and choices that will require the strongest wills. Out of the many futures I saw... five. That's it."

"But only one where we truly win," he thought. Only a single positive future in which Tony lived. One where the man he loved was given a happily ever after. Did Stephen care that it would cost him his life? No. Absolutely not.