Chapter 4

-3rd Person Tony POV-

WHAT JUST HAPPENED.

The only words Tony could coherently form in his head. He didn't know if they had won or not. Died or not. They had been seemingly beat Thanos, the Mad Titan buried in his tech. But then Stephen-

Oh gosh, Stephen.

Tony suddenly bolted up from his protective position to see a bloody, battered version of Stephen hurling towards the ground from thirty stories up in the air.

"Oh crap," he thought, and flew as quickly as he could to catch the sorcerer, who was falling to the ground at alarming speeds. He flew directly into the line of trajectory in which Stephen was falling, and caught him bridal style, as nearly fell along with Stephen just from the sheer impact of his fall. Tony quickly flew back to the surface of Titan ad the others crowded around him. He heard the others say things to him, but their speech sounded garbled Ike they were under water. He was only focusing on Stephen.

"STEPHEN? COME ON, CAN YOU HEAR ME?"

He got back no reply.

He started to panic, fearing the worst. He pressed his head to his chest, looking for something, anything. A full thirty seconds went by before he felt it.

A heartbeat.

Incredibly weak, but there.

"WE NEED A HOSPITAL! CAN ANYONE GET US TO A HOSPITAL?"

Everyone looks around, knowing that no one really can. Desperate, Tony lunges for Stephens crackling and near broken Sling Ring. It couldn't be that hard right? Seeing the destination of Stranges old hospital in his minds eye, he moved his arm in the circular way he had seen Stephen do. One spark. Then two. A sputtering, tiny, weak portal to the hospital opened up. A feeble attempt, but it would suffice.

"GO GO GO! GET HIM INSIDE!" He yelled as Drax and Peter picked up his limp body and pulled him through. He turned to Nebula.

"Do we have to worry about Thanos?"

"No. He seems to have been killed in the explosion the Infinity Stones caused as they were... destroyed."

Satisfied, Tony ushered the other quickly through the portal, then stepped through it himself. The weak portal collapsed behind him as he ran to the nearest doctor.

"WE NEED A MEDIC, STAT! SCRATCH THAT- WE NEED AS MANY AS YOU'VE GOT!"

"T-t-tony Stark?"

"YES TONY STARK! WE HAVE A MAN ON THE BRINK OF DEATH WILL YOU HELP US OR NOT!?"

The woman is shaken but quickly pulls herself back together as she assembles a team of surgeons and doctors in the ER.

"We need an operating room, stat! We have a dying man here! Move, people, hurry up!"

A gurney is rolled out and Drax and Peter carefully place the near dead man on top. He's immediately wheeled to the next available operating room, a team of doctors trailing behind him. Tony watches him with a lump in his throat and suddenly turns to a doctor.

"I need to be in there. I can help."

"With all due respect, Mr. Stark, I can't allow you t-"

"Not asking for permission."

The man sighs and runs his hands through his hair.

"Come with me. I'll get you some scrubs and whatever else you may need."

Tony follows the man and changes into the sanitary clothing. The doctor, a man named Nick West, asks him what else he needs when he has a realization.

"I'm- I'm fine, Doctor, thank you. I just need to make a quick stop home."

He grabs the sling ring from his pocket and creates a portal back to the tower, making West's jaw drop in shock. Tony steps through and immediately rushes to his lab. He grabs the first bag he sees, and starts scanning his lab for anything he might need. After five minutes, the bag is full with whatever he may need to heal Stephen with, and he heads back to the hospital. West is exactly where he left him, his eyes still wide in shock.

"H-how-"

"Magic. Alright, take me to his room."

West hesitantly shows Tony where Stephen is being operated on in and let's him inside.