Chapter 8

-3rd Person Tony POV-

After running for two minutes, Tony remembered that Metro-General was 9 miles away. He debated hailing a taxi, but decided that even that would take too much time. As he ran, he double tapped his nano-particle-housing-unit and his suit enveloped him. He flew up into the air and shot off to the hospital, landing in nearly a mere minute. He hit the ground running and threw the door open, and proceeded to run straight into a man.

With a gun.

He nearly fired up his repulsers, but then saw his gleaming badge pinned to his shirt. A man from the FBI it seemed. Tony glanced around and saw eight more of them, each armed with an identical gun. He grew increasingly tense as he glanced around, not knowing the reason for the eight people being there.

"Hey Stark."

He whipped around quickly to see who had spoken, to find Natasha Romanoff. And Clint Barton. They were both handcuffed, with a guard close by.

"It's about time you got here. I can't believe we were here before you," Natasha said, smirking. Tony stared at her as he began to panic; it was one thing to receive a text from her, but to actually see her...

"What's wrong, Tony?" Nat said as she frowned, concerned.

"Y-you- you betrayed me."

Nat looked away, clearly feeling guilty, at least for the team being. She looked over at Clint, who just shrugged.

"...yes. I did."

Tony cleared his throat as he tried to gain his cool demeanor back.

"Hm. So... FBI? The only way they could get you here seeing as you don't technically have y-your pardon yet, h-huh?"

"Yep," Clint said, popping the p. He looked at Natasha hesitantly, then looking around at the agents around the room.

"So... aren't you gonna go see him?" Natasha inquired.

"Hm? OH MY GOSH!"

Tony teared around the corner, and slipped and almost fell flat on his face. But he didn't even stop as he ran to the elevator. The receptionist looked up and saw him as the doors closed.

"SIR! YOU HAVE TO CHECK- in."

Tony was in the elevator, frantically pressing buttons as his hands trembled anxiously. He tapped his foot anxiously as he waited for the elevator to reach Stephen's floor. The moment the doors opened, he sprinted down the corridor as doctors yelled at him to slow down. But he didn't listen to them- no, he didn't even hear them. He skidded to a stop as he reached door 221, fumbling for the handle. He threw the door open and ran in the room, to find him.

Stephen.

Alive.

And awake.

He ran toward him, not sure of his plan, whether he would hug him, not make any contact, pat him on the shoulder, or kis- no. Not the last one...

At least not yet.

He ran toward him, only sure of what he WOULDN'T do, and-

Was knocked back. By a wave of... magic. Power. Space. Mind. Reality. Soul. Time.

He was knocked back, and knocked out.