Chapter 21

Hello everybody!
I have missed writing so much. Thank you guys for your patience. After I got bronchitis I got pneumonia, and it progressively got worse.
Then I had a LOT to catch up on and then it was kinda hard to find my motivation to write again after being gone for so long. I also moved and changed jobs and so things have been chaotic.
Again thank you all for your patience and thank you for getting this book to 44k reads! I'm so excited to be back.
Anyways, on to the chapter, hope you guys enjoy!
Corey's P.O.V.

       Sang took our chat about the Academy surprisingly well.

      She also took the whole Ghost Bird status very well.

       There of course isn't any right way to take that kind of information, and I know that it wasn't easy to learn.

       But it worries us.

Sang's whole situation, rightfully so. Nothing's right about about the way they treat her. Even if Sang's Dad and sister aren't physically hurting her, they are watching it happen.

         But it's not just the abuse and the neglect that concerns us.

      Why isn't Marie being treated the same way? And why is Sang's birth not recorded, but Marie's is?

     Anybody trying to hide the birth of a child more than likely  has many more secrets to hide.

  All of which we have to take into consideration before getting her out of that house. If we didn't have any concerns, she would have been out by now.

Axel left us to entertain her after he was called in to discuss a potential mission for our team, one that hopefully wouldn't take us far from home.

We all take missions very seriously, but we also need to be available for Sang now, at least until we know she's safe. It'll help that she now knows about the Academy, because even though we can't disclose our missions, we don't have to lie to her about where we are or what we are doing.

         Everybody else had left, leaving Sang and me to spend time together.

        Raven is teaching a couple of classes at the Academy today, Marc has a shift at the cafe, and Brandon is working on the bike of a fellow Academy member and later would be working on something with North Taylor.

      None of them were at all happy at leaving Sang, but I can't say I mind at all.

      When they first left, I wasn't too sure what to do. The rest of the team had much cooler things to show Sang.

      My day-to-day life is absolutely nowhere close extraordinary. I enjoy it, but I found it hard to believe that Sang would find it interesting.

      That was, until Sang began asking more about the Academy. She asked about the type of missions we go on and I told her what I could.

When she turned to me and asked more about what I specifically did for the team, I did my best to not stutter my replies.

     And then she asked how I was able to reroute the call from her creep of a Principal, so I showed her by having her call Axel and rerouting it to my own phone.

     She beamed and gushed over how cool that was, making me a little red in the face.

      I then asked her if she would like to learn and her enthusiasm made my heart soar.

    I started by simply teaching her simple coding, which she picked up on really fast.

Watching her, I just knew my team had made the right choice telling her.