Chapter 1

Baz

Of course, there was Snow. Panting and rolling around, submerging himself even more in his bedsheets. The sweat beads glisten off his forehead in the moonlight. This was almost every night. Simon would roll around trapped in his nightmares and all I could do was stare helplessly. In my head I go to him and hold him, whispering sweet nothings into his ears. I would kiss his small tears off his face. But tonight was different. Tonight, he was saying things. Snow always talked in his sleep, but it was usually incoherent mumbling. Tonight, I wake up to his cries for Penny, for Agatha. And then there was my name. He never said my name. I instantly sit up. He's curled into a small ball, barely underneath his sheets. "Snow!", I whisper-shout, but it doesn't faze him. Should I go to him? What if I wake him up and he starts yelling at me for plotting against him? I get shaken out of my doubts by an especially loud cry for me. I hop out of the bed quickly and shake his arm. I whisper his name again, but it doesn't help.
"Baz!" he shouts and I grab him quickly. I pull into my lap and shush him. "Simon, I'm here. Wake up, it's okay. Simon, cmon. I got you, it's all okay." I beg him to wake up. He quickly opens his eyes and grips onto my white t-shirt.
"Baz......." he says quietly and digs his head in my neck. I whisper into his ear to show I'm here and he holds on tighter. I can feel his warm breath on the sensitive parts of my neck and it took everything to not kiss him right there. His breathing begins to slow and I can tell he's asleep again. There was no way I could put him down without waking him up so I just slowly lean back.
I don't know what I'm gonna do in the morning, I can already hear Simon yelling at me, accusing me of plotting against him, infiltrating his dreams. But I don't want to think of that now, I just want to savor the small time I have with him, his warm body lined up with mine. Now he's laying on my chest, his legs on either side of me. I have my arms tightly wound around his hips, holding him to me as tight as I can without waking him. His small snores are muffled by my chest and I can feel his entire body go soft in my arms. I kiss his temple softly, lifting my hand to cradle his head against my neck. His deep breaths quickly lull me to my own sleep and I hope that I wake before Simon.