Chapter 4

Baz

I shouldn't have given in as much as I did. After Snow's panic attack he quickly passed out in my arms, his hands in my hair as he nuzzled my throat. I couldn't help it, just seeing him hurt, I tried to do whatever to make him feel better. He seemed to really enjoy me calling him love, everytime I accidentally let it slip I would see his tense shoulders soften. He told me he likes this, whatever this is. Does he mean he likes us cuddling? Just not fighting? I fall into a light slumber after him, but any movement he made I was fully awake, ready to wake him up again. But usually his movements were just to cling more, which may have made my heart grow three times its size.

I wake up before him, the sun just starting to rise over Mummer's. I'm lying on my back, Simon half on me, half on the bed, his arm around my stomach, mine around his waist. He has one leg in between mine. And he's warm. So warm. With Simon I'll never need a blanket again. That's the other thing, he has a blanket around us. He never sleeps with the duvet on, usually it just pools at the end of his bed. Maybe I cool him down just as much as he warms me up. He starts to move around and I debate pretending to sleep, but I wonder if it'll make him leave. I don't want him to freak out on me, so I close my eyes and stay still. He shimmies around before sitting up, my arm falling behind him. I involuntarily try to move back to his warmth and then curse myself for showing that my body practically needs him. I hear him chuckle and then slowly I feel his hand slip into mine. And then he's moving closer, his breaths fanning across my face. He's not going to, I know he's not. I feel his sudden head movement and a soft peck laid on my cheek. Crowley, I'm done for. I can feel my cheeks heat up, the blood from last night still in my system. He squeezes my hand one time and then he's up bumbling around like a new fawn. He knows he could wake me up so when he goes into the bathroom, I sit up. I giggle quietly and press my hand to my cheek feeling my own warmth. I'm surrounded in his scent, fire and green brimstone.

"Baz!! I knew you were awake!" I hear him screech from the bathroom and I can't help but laugh. He walks out, his cheeks dusty rose, a pout littering his face.
"I'm sorry Snow, I was just curious."

"Yeah, but then you had to see me be embarrassing!!" he wails and I laugh again.

"Believe me Snow, I've seen you do way more embarrassing things." I chuckle and he walks to me, practically falling on top of me. He wraps his arms once more around my neck and I hear him hum as I wrap my own arms around him. Merlin, what are we doing? I want to sit and evaluate his behaviors, try to see what he's actually feeling. But I've figured out now that all my thoughts leave when Simon curls into me like this.

"Baz?"

"Yes Snow?"

"You called me Simon before. I mean you also called me love before but..." he mumbles. I roll my eyes at him and he rolls his own back at me.

"Ok what Simon?" I murmur and he looks at me with an expectant look on his face. I sigh finally giving in. "Yes love?"

The face he makes has me practically melting into the bed. One of the happiest, loveliest, cheesiest grins I've ever seen on him. I scan his face up and down, my eyes catching on his lips for a second or two. When my eyes reach his own, his face softens into content. "Baz.." he starts and then he's actually leaning in. But this time I know it's not for my cheek. I don't even have time to comprehend what's happening before his hands are on my cheeks, warming them up, and his nose nudging mine. I push in the last bit and I have Snow in my arms, his hands on my face, and our lips connected. Kissing Simon isn't anything I thought it would be. I thought it would be like fighting, going back and forth, but I found that when he pushes I just take it. He's warm, so warm, and I can feel his magic boiling up. But it's different this time. It doesn't feel angry or frustrated, it just feels overwhelming. I push into him one last time before pulling back for air. He's panting like me, but his grin has come back. I close my eyes as he lands a kiss on my upper cheek. He moves to the next cheek and then his lips are touching everywhere. I giggle (like a girl) and grab him tighter. He laughs into my face, but continues to kiss me, his lips touching my hair, my ears, my lips a few more times.

"Ok Simon enough!" I laugh out as kisses a particularly ticklish spot on my neck. He shakes his head no and continues. "Why?" I whisper and pull his face back up to mine.

"Because I can. Because I need to make up for lost time. Because I just want to okay?" he giggles the last part. We laugh a few more seconds and then he looks back into my eyes.

"Because you're beautiful."

I barely give him time to finish before I'm grabbing his face and kissing his lips like he has the air I need. I don't control the kiss for very long before Simon's pushing. He's moving his chin up so our lips leave for a split second before they're back together when he moves his chin back down. It's wonderful. I've never kissed anyone before, but I bet Simon's the best kisser at Watford. We continue till were out of breath (again). We're flipped over so now I'm laying on Simon's chest, his chest rising, his heart beating just against my ear. I think he's stumbled back into sleep when his breaths even out and I'm almost asleep too when someone knocks. It startles Simon from his dozing.

"Simon! Breakfast is starting, I saved some scones for us. Come on!" she whines. I sigh and he looks down at me with somber eyes.

"Just a sec Pen!" he yells back and kisses my cheek, then my lips once. "I'll see you later, love." he whispers and then he's slipping out of the bed and out the door. I can't help it. I laugh, I laugh and grin like a child because I just kissed THE Simon Snow. And he kissed me back. And he called me love. I dress quickly, leaving my hair in my face, evidence of Snow that only I'll know. I rush down the steps and to the dining hall. Instead of sitting in my usual seat, I now sit next to Niall, facing Simon. Simon's looking at me, his eyes drifting between me and Penny. I give him one wink and then I act like I'm eating like a normal 16 year old. I look back up quickly to see his face just as red as cherries in his scones and I smirk. I get a sense of satisfaction knowing that I'm the one that does this to him. His hair is messy, my hands had pulled his curls up. His lips are rosier than usual, the blood rising to the surface. And I feel the best I have in a while knowing I did that. I know he didn't look this blissed out when he was done making out with Agatha. Crowley, I'm living a charmed life.