character, not love interest

( CHARACTER, NOT LOVE INTEREST! )

' to help you create
an actual character
and not just a love
interest '

▂▂▂▂▂▂

If the sole purpose of your oc is just to be somebody's love interest, than don't write the story. It's that simple.

Your character should have a personality, they would have thing that make them different. They should have fears. They should have weaknesses. They should have favorites. They should have opinions. They need to be human.

And no I'm not talking about those random characters that we might occasionally throw in to fill in a plot hole or something. I'm talking about your main character's purpose.

If your character's purpose is to just fall in love with somebody, then I'm sorry to break it to you, but your character is boring.

What drives them? What breaks them? What motivates them? What angers them?

Characters in book are like people in real life. They have emotions, thoughts, dialogue. They have random things that make them tick. They have random thoughts that sound crazy.

And on top of that, oc's like that always seem to be in a perfect relationship??

They never argue. They never feel jealous. Their relationship is just always rainbows and sunshine?? And they fall in love after knowing each other for like 20 mins??

jEjE Je oH mY gOd rYan, mY bF of 16 miNs, is sU kynd and luving and loyil he wood never cheet sksks. sO whAt If theRes a pikture of him kithing another gorl. He's faithful😤. PeRioDt.

Your characters are allowed to be human. So let them.