27. MEANT TO BE YOURS

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN
[MEANT TO BE YOURS]

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN[MEANT TO BE YOURS]

"Endergonic." Elena says confidently, after taking a few seconds to think. Molly makes an awkward face as she shows Elena her side of the flashcard. "Dammit." Elena says frustratedly, as she reads the right answer.

"It's okay." Molly smiles faintly, moving on to the next card. "I get them mixed up too."

Elena rubs her forehead. "You don't have to lie to make me feel better." She sighs. "I'm flunking out of all my classes and as much as I try to study—"

"You've got a lot on your plate, though." Molly nods, trying to comfort her.

"I tried to tell her to just compel all her professors into giving her an A." Damon says, striding into the living room. Molly internally groans at his presence.

"I'm not doing that, Damon." Elena says annoyedly, Damon shrugs as he walks into the kitchen.

Molly holds up another card. Elena squints her eyes as she reads it through in her head, the front door opens and Molly looks up to see Kai walking in happily.

The two make eye contact and they both looked just as confused as to why the other was here. Elena glances up at Molly, then turns around to find Kai.

"What are you doing here?" Elena says, angrily.

"Good to see you too." Kai smiles at her. He glances at Molly and she gives him a 'what the hell' look. He ignores her, and steps down into the living room, holding up a letter. "I need a favor."

"Please tell me it's not who I think it is." Damon sighs, walking out of the kitchen to find Kai. "I thought we got rid of you?!" He says annoyedly.

Molly looks around at all three of them nervously as they exchange in conversation. She felt like anything she said or did could be found as suspicious— even though no one knew what was really going on between them. She was inevitably paranoid.

"I need you to give this letter to Jo." Kai says.

"Why the hell would we help you Kai?" Elena says, standing up from the couch. Molly swallows as she gathers the flash cards and puts them on the table beside her.

"Well— in case you haven't figured it out by now, I'm a sociopath." He raises his eyebrows. Elena rolls her eyes and glances at Damon who looked just as unamused. "And I like being a sociopath— I'm not burdened by guilt..." Kai glances at Molly. "Or love—" She looks away from him and focuses her attention in the ground. "So then— this merge happened with my brother Luke, and I won. Which is great, because I absorbed his ability to do magic. But now I can't stop thinking about how he died... How Liv's life is— is ruined. And for some horrible reason— I can't shake how bad I feel about all this." He says.